Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A wet year at the State Fair.

Come rain or shine, the Winchester clan will be at the State Fair. It was wet and cold, but we still had a good time. We grew up with Grandpa Kemp taking us every year and we still carry on tradition. I can't go without thinking about how much fun he was.


I went into an exhibit and came out looking for my family and this is where I found them. Funny.



My FAVORITE thing at the State is the FFA booth. It is so dang cute. The kids go through a little set up pretending to be farmers. They start by getting a basket and apron. Then they go get corn to feed to the fake cow. Then they milk the cow and get a milk carton to take with them in the basket. Then they go get a fake seed to plant in a garden, get their fake vegetable. Then they get gas and drive their items on their little tractors to sell. Once they sell them, they get fake money to buy a treat. It is DARLING. Warren had so much fun. I was super impressed with how much he enjoyed the entire thing. To be honest, I think I had more fun than he did just watching.





It was a short trip because of the weather, but it was fun to see Warren be at the age where he can kind of participate. He loved the FFA exhibit and LOVED the animals. We had so much fun despite the dang rain.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I love the state fair but haven't been in a few years. It looks like you had a fun time!

the mama monster said...

we love the fair too! when we went this year we were hot... funny how different the weather can be in a 10 day period. it looks like cutie pie warren had fun.