I work. Yes, it is a sign of the times. I am a full time mother and I have a part time (depending on the time of the year, sometimes full time) JOB. I have a lot of people ask, how do you do it? A lot of planning, being more organized than most and having a supportive and helpful hubby. There is no way I could do it if Andrew wasn't a hands on parent. I packed my bags and was gone for almost 2 weeks and didn't think twice about Andrew being able to handle it. I didn't write down a schedule for him, lay out clothes. He just know how to do it.
I really want to see the movie "How does she do it?" With Sarah Jessica Parker. It is extremely tough to be a working mother. But it teaches you a lot at the same time. I feel like my time with my children is better spent because I appreciate it more because of the time I am away.
I have to admit, I LOVE my job. I am so lucky that in this time where it is more of a need to work than anything, that I enjoy what I do. Sure, there are days when I wish I was home baking cookies and coloring with my kids ALL DAY LONG. But, right now I can't. So I am grateful that I like what I do when I'm away. And most weeks I only go to the office 2-3 times so it is manageable.
There are many perks to the job. Some fun travel. Free golf and free golf equipment. I get to meet some awesome people. I keep my mind active. Some pretty cute golf attire. So, in this season of life, where I have babies and I am working I choose to be at peace, happy and grateful for the opportunities we have.
I had 2 work trips in 2 weeks. It was interesting. Probably more for Andrew than myself. But it was a quick turn around to get home, unpack one bag and pack another then off again. They were fun trips. Free meals, 8 hours of sleep and we did some fun things. I couldn't help but think most of the time though how badly I wanted Andrew with me. I am for sure taking him next time.
One advantage of being out of town on your own is uninterrupted running sessions on some pretty sweet treadmills. Mine is a little crappy so I appreciate the nice ones that are at the Marriott Hotels. (Notice I didn't take a picture of how long it took me to run 5.09 miles? Still working on the pace part.)
I really want to see the movie "How does she do it?" With Sarah Jessica Parker. It is extremely tough to be a working mother. But it teaches you a lot at the same time. I feel like my time with my children is better spent because I appreciate it more because of the time I am away.
I have to admit, I LOVE my job. I am so lucky that in this time where it is more of a need to work than anything, that I enjoy what I do. Sure, there are days when I wish I was home baking cookies and coloring with my kids ALL DAY LONG. But, right now I can't. So I am grateful that I like what I do when I'm away. And most weeks I only go to the office 2-3 times so it is manageable.
There are many perks to the job. Some fun travel. Free golf and free golf equipment. I get to meet some awesome people. I keep my mind active. Some pretty cute golf attire. So, in this season of life, where I have babies and I am working I choose to be at peace, happy and grateful for the opportunities we have.
I had 2 work trips in 2 weeks. It was interesting. Probably more for Andrew than myself. But it was a quick turn around to get home, unpack one bag and pack another then off again. They were fun trips. Free meals, 8 hours of sleep and we did some fun things. I couldn't help but think most of the time though how badly I wanted Andrew with me. I am for sure taking him next time.
One advantage of being out of town on your own is uninterrupted running sessions on some pretty sweet treadmills. Mine is a little crappy so I appreciate the nice ones that are at the Marriott Hotels. (Notice I didn't take a picture of how long it took me to run 5.09 miles? Still working on the pace part.)
The PGA Merchandise Show is AWESOME. Words and pictures can't describe how fabulous it is. Everything GOLF is there. It's huge and so much fun.
I flew in late. The sun was setting and it was beautiful. We went to Charley's Stakehouse that night for dinner. Fun way to start the trip. (hence the need for 5 mile runs)


One night we went to Universal Studios. The next night was Down Town Disney. I wanted Andrew there so badly. Next time for sure. I felt like a big fat dork getting my picture taken by myself, but the guys made me so I could send it home to the kids.
The PUMA booth had a full on slide in their booth. No, I didn't go down, but a lot of adults did.

Unless your a golfer, this picture of Scotty Cameron probably means nothing to you. But it's awesome.

I thought this ice sculpture was rad.

What a delightful sight, to get this picture in the middle of my day. Cheesy Westi, and Warren with a new shinner. LOVED IT.

I'm a Titleist girl, so I spent a lot of time at their booth.

The Orlando trip was so much fun.
Then off to St. George.
The President of the PGA of America, Allen Wronowski came to our meetings in St. George. The President has only been to Utah 2 times in history so it was a pretty big deal. I was nervous because I had to speak at one of the sessions for 12 minutes. My topic was on how to "Speak Female". It was a room of 100 men and 2 women. Pretty intimidating, but it went well. I spent a lot of time researching, and rehearsing. The President was very complimentary and that made me feel good. He even requested me as a friend on Face Book.
The President of the PGA of America, Allen Wronowski came to our meetings in St. George. The President has only been to Utah 2 times in history so it was a pretty big deal. I was nervous because I had to speak at one of the sessions for 12 minutes. My topic was on how to "Speak Female". It was a room of 100 men and 2 women. Pretty intimidating, but it went well. I spent a lot of time researching, and rehearsing. The President was very complimentary and that made me feel good. He even requested me as a friend on Face Book.

The weather was perfect in St. Goerge.
I even got to play a little golf myself.




No comments:
Post a Comment