Monday, February 11, 2013

January in a nutshell

Weston and I stayed home for New Year's Eve. Warren was so excited about the party with our friends. I couldn't let him stay home. So Andrew took Warren to the party and I snuggled my Westi all night.
 
 
Our stinking Broncos lost in the playoffs.
Next Year.

 
My dad had a double knee replacement so I spent a lot of the month at the hospital/rehab. He's doing a lot better. He went to San Diego last week all by himself for a work trip. He's a trooper and amazing for a 74 year old guy.



We were driving home one day and saw the billboard for the aquarium. Weston yelled FISHIES. So we went. Carpe' Diem right?

 
I'm so happy these guys are best buddies.

 
I was in Orlando for a week for work. It's tough to be away, but it was an AWESOME trip. I learned a lot, did a lot of buying for the PGA, saw a lot of Tour Players.... it was very productive. I love my job.

That tiny little fleck of bright green is Davis Love, III. One of my faves.
 
 
January in Utah is no good for a little buddy with super bad asthma. He has spent a lot of time at home, and a lot of time like this.....


 
I had a work trip to St. George for our Winter Classic. Three days of golf and meetings. The awards banquet is the biggest night of the year. Another one under my belt. I think that's 11... maybe 12. I can't keep track. Good week though. 68 degrees all week.


 
Every year my family has a competition to see who can grow the biggest, prettiest Amarillis by Super Bowl Sunday. My mom gives us our bulbs in December and it's up to us to see if we can get the timing right. Ours was AWESOME, but it came too early. It was the tallest and had 6 flowers. But it was dead by Super Bowl Sunday so we lost. Bummer.
 
The judge.

The Super Bowl is a pretty big deal for my family. We always go to my sister's for the big party. She even had paint for the kids faces this year. LOTS of food. Lots of fun.


I just think this little squirt looks cute in my hat. With the crappy weather we've had, and the tough time he's had breathing, I love to see him happy.

He loves to pick out his own outfits.
 
What a month. February doesn't seem any less crazy. So, here we go.
 
We haven't had a lot of good luck lately. 2012 kind of sucked. Weston's health, the car wreck, the flood..... Just a mess. Well, last week we had a small streak of good luck.
-Warren got into the school we applied for!!
-Andrew's car has been leaking oil like crazy. We were gearing up for a new engine block or something big. We were prepared to spend $1,000 on repairs. But no, it was an oil pan that had come loose. The mechanic replaced it and didn't charge us a penny. Seriously? Have you ever heard that? Good to have a great, honest mechanic.
-Just found out we are going to Disney Land.
 
Here's to a happy, healthy 2013.

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

You had a busy month. Glad you survived! Your boys are darling! So glad your dad is doing so well! We can't wait for Disneyland either!

Aly said...

You are going to disneyland? So fun for you guys. I had no idea that Weston has had such a bad month. Well maybe because I have been super consumed with myself. You need to tell me this!!

My Three little girls said...

Looks like you had a busy month. liked all your cute pictures:)