First. My nephew Harrison (Hess as most people know him) is convinced that he is Warren's best friend. I am sure Warren feels the same way. Hess is under the impression that best friends have sleep overs and asked when he and Warren could have one. My little angel niece Whitney didn't want to miss out on the fun so they both came to our house. Since Warren goes to bed at 7:30, it was more of a Annie, Andrew, Twit and Hess sleepover, but still fun.
We made play dough, cupcakes and watched the movie "Annie" 3 times. Andrew is such a good sport and brought our extra mattress up to the family room because the kids insisted on sleeping all together in the family room. They have me wrapped around their little fingers. I just love them and can't help but say yes to everything they ask for. We didn't get much sleep. Andrew and I got a king bed for a reason and had a great reminder of that reason during the sleep over. It's a good thing Warren took a 5 hour nap the next day because that means Andrew and I did too.
I have decided the best $100 I have spent lately is on a membership to Thanksgiving Point. It is the perfect place for kids of all ages. Especially very active ones like mine. We went to the dinosaur museum on Saturday and Warren had a blast. He could climb on things, play in sand and just be a kid. I see our little family spending a lot of time there.
Rain, Rain go away!!! Our annual Kemp family Easter Party was originally scheduled for the Saturday before Easter. It was raining so we rescheduled for this past Saturday. Again it was put off because of rain but only until the next day. Rain again. Although it was wet, we still had a grand old time. Because it was Kentucky Derby weekend, we had a contest to see who had the best derby hat. I am pretty impressed with the hats Courtney made for the two of us, but Whitney still beat us.
Of course the Easter Party had the traditional Easter Egg Hunt that the Easter "Bussy" puts on. Our aunt Kathy found the cutest buckets for the kids to put their eggs in. Our little Warren prefers to do things his own way. If everyone else if carrying their basket in their hand, why on earth would he do the same thing? He decided to put his bucket around his neck. Much more efficient. That way he can use both hands to pick up eggs. It only took 3 Easter egg hunts this year for him to figure out how awesome it is to find an egg, put it in a basket then open them up to find candy and MONEY!! He is a one of a kind baby or as my aunt Kelly put it "One to Remember."





And finally my last item of business. Saturday morning Warren woke up at 5:30am. Not typical for him, but I knew he wasn't going to go back to bed so our day began bright and early. I decided to bake. I made a bunt cake and cup cakes, but the item I am most proud of.... a 9 inch tall loaf of bread. Seriously I should have preserved it and entered in the Guines (sp) Book of World Records. It was awesome.
That is all for now. Fun family times. Great memories and more to come.
2 comments:
that loaf of bread is AWESOME!! oh my gosh, that is funny!
im so glad you got pictures of the party!! im so mad we had to miss it! man i love homemade bread, and i agree, it looks awesome!! hope to see ya soon
Post a Comment