Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random thoughts and pictures.

I realize that many of my posts reference my little stinker and the naughty things he does. He is naughty there is no doubt about it, but there are so many great moments mixed in there. Before I get to the good, I thought I would share one quick stinker moment.

Last week was busy for me to say the least. My little buddy was passed from my sister's, mom and mother-in-law all week (thanks by the way.) Well, one day I was just working as fast as I could to get it all done when I get a call from my sister Courtney. She had a little panic in her voice as she started with "I lost your son." Luckily that was quickly followed by "but don't worry, I found him". Here is what I understand happened. Courtney has a baby swing bolted to her covered patio. She needed a few minutes to do a couple of things and thought Warren would be perfectly safe in the 5 point harness swing. What a perfect idea....right? Contain him for a few minutes. You would think. She obviously hasn't spent enough time with Warren. She went inside for about 5 minutes and came back outside to find an empty swing. In Courtney's defense, most children would have been perfectly fine in this situation, but we are dealing with Warren here. Try to visualize this patio/yard..... The patio raised about 2 feet off the ground with landscape all around it. The bottom of the swing is about another 2 feet off the ground. The yard is about 2 acres with a big garage in the back corner where they keep their boat, toys and dog. All this time, the house door was open and Courtney was listening to him laugh thinking he was having a grand old time IN the swing when really he was laughing at himself getting out of the swing. So he managed to get his way out of the swing and clear the additional 2 foot drop into the bushes and across her large yard, to the garage and found her dog. He knew exactly what he was doing. I had been over there with him just 2 days earlier playing with the dog. Warren knew he had to escape and run quickly so he could see Hershey the dog. Really, this is a funny story.

Ok, now for the good little boy stories. For anyone that has been to a restaurant with Warren you know it is a challenge. He doesn't sit still for long. Well, we decided to go to dinner last night. He sat so well that another parent told me on the way out how impressed she was with him and how well he behaved. That is a highlight of my parenting life for sure!!!!!!

Another good boy story. We have been working on the whole "clean up" thing lately. Warren has figured out how to through garbage away and how to clean up his toys. Tonight we were cleaning up his toys and there was a book in the middle of them. His toy box is on one side of his room and his books on the other. He finished putting his toys in the toy box then took the book to the book basket. I thought that was pretty smart for a little boy.

Cute boy story.... The last few nights when we have read books, if we come to a page with a dog or a cat, he lays his head on the picture and says "ooohhh" like he is hugging it.

Here is a naughty/cute boy mix story. The other day I had just made the bed, I went into the bathroom and was in there for no more than 30 seconds and came back to find this....
He figured out how to toss the pillows off the bed, turn the covers down and make himself comfortable with the remote. What a funny little boy.

Random thing for me to jot down and remember.... Warren now likes to wear hats. We told him that since daddy wore one he should. The funny thing is, since he has a "smart sized head" I can cinch one of Andrew's hats down and it fits.

I haven't seen my ipod in about 2 days. I wish Warren remembered where he left it!!

Here is a really random thing, but it made me so happy. My Questar Gas bill was $2.82 this month. Aren't rebates awesome?!?!

And the last piece of randomness.... here is Warren and his girlfriend Kate. I am excited to put this on their wedding video!!

6 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Being a parent is the best education you can get! He's a cutie, we sure love him! Can't wait to see what he does next.

Merz said...

Wow I'm surprised that a woman told you how well behaved he is, Like you said its not easy going to dinner, with him, or any child....That's funny. I love the picture of him with the i pod and the ear phones. He's such a little buddy

holly said...

oh, i miss him! it feels like i haven't seen him in FOREVER!!!!

he is a quick & very clever boy....i know i always have to keep an eye (or two) on him & then add in kate....double trouble!!!

that picture of them is so cute, perfect for the wedding video :)

hopefully we see you on saturday. jackie's going to come swim tomorrow (thursday) at 11, if you're around :)

The Treasures said...

Those stories are hilarious. Kids sure make life interesting don't they! So fun. He is so cute. I love the hat and his and Kate's matching mohawks.

Eric said...

The pictures are great and fun stories as well. Like all of them. warren is such fun boy:)

Jessica said...

the picture in the tub is so cute!