Monday, January 11, 2010

Feelings....

I have had so many feelings rush through me over the past few weeks......

Shocked.
That word doesn't describe how I felt when I looked down at that little stick.

Relieved.
That what I was feeling wasn't death knocking at my door. I was convinced I had cancer with only weeks to live.

Hopeful.
That the Lord knows what he is doing by sending this little surprise to us at this time!

Scared.
Am I going to be able to handle 2 kids??
Terrified.
Is my due date really the first day of the Utah Open? Holy cow.

Grateful.
For laws and women's rights. At least I can't be fired for having a baby during the Utah Open. I love my job too much to leave.

Overwhlemed.
So much to do, so little time. This time around I wish I was an elephant. I could use the 2 years to get ready.

Exhausted.
I have a hard time lifting my head off the pillow most days.

Frustrated.
I don't feel like myself. I have this lingering nausea feeling all day and I am so dang grumpy and irritable. Poor Andrew.

Nervous.
What if this baby isn't as awesome as Warren. Do I have room in my heart for two? I know I do, but it's hard to imagine loving a child as much as I love my little duders.

Thrilled.
I love to prove people wrong. Although we were shocked to say the least, when someone tells me I have a 1-5% chance of getting pregnant without fertility assistance and then we turn around to this little shock of a lifetime, I feel rather accomplished in a way!

Humbled.
That the Lord feels we can handle raising 2 children.

Delighted.
That I got to see our new little squirt and it's tiny little heart beat this week. What a miracle!

Blessed.
When so many people want children so badly and can't, we have been so blessed to receive this little miracle.

Happy.
That our little family is growing. Warren will be such a great big brother!

Excited beyond words.....
To meet this new little person.

17 comments:

Jaime said...

Congrats you guys! Annie you will do great with two kids! I hope you start feeling better and get your energy back! I went through that when I was pregnant with Molly.

Fisher Family said...

Does this mean its ok to tell people now? We are so excited for you and Andrew and for us too!

Abby said...

I'm so excited for you Annie! 2 is a little overwhelming but nothing you won't be able to handle. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Lizzy said...

so darn excited for you! now you don't have to turn bright red when someone asks you if you are planning on having a second anytime soon ;)

loved your list of feelings.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

CONGRATS!!! Who are we kidding you guys are going to do awesome! And if Warren is as cool as he is, you know your next little one will be AWESOME too! Anyways if you need anything let me know, Lydia always loves a buddy to play with if you just need a nap!

ashley said...

Yipee!!! Congrats again!

RaeLynn said...

AWESOME!! Wow, a 1-5% chance? Hopefully I'll fall into the category with you that proves some people wrong. I'm so excited for you Annie! :)

Nick Sommer, Sommer Cabinet said...

Looks like this is the thing do! I know soo many people who are just newley preggers..! congrats!! its really fun having two..!

Brooke said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you and your family:)

Kaysie said...

WHAT!?! How awesome! Congrats. Of all people, YOU can handle two. I can totally see you the opening day of the Utah Open working full force, excuse yourself for a few hours to deliver your baby, and then be back that evening to close down. :) I am so excited for you and Andrew!

Chelsea said...

Congrats! That is so exciting.
You can totally do It, I know it :)

Emily Call said...

How exciting! Congrats!

holly said...

hooray!!! the day i don't check is of course the day i miss something awesome!!! warren will be the best big brother!!! so excited for you!

kate misses warren....today i had to get out a peach cup & a spoon for her & one for warren too. (its still on the table waiting for him!) and, she got a table & chairs the other day & i had to put together the green chair for her & the yellow one for warren!!

the mama monster said...

ahh yay annie! i am so excited for you and andrew and warren. in some ways to is overwhelming but in other ways so much easier. your little guy will always have a little buddy to keep him happy. so when are you due?

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Congrats! You will be a great Mom of two... you can totally handle it. You are such an amazing Mom to Warren. Please let me know if you need help with anything.

Becca said...

Yeah for #2! I have my fingers crossed that it's a little sister! Infant petty skirts need to put on display!!! Love ya!

whit said...

Congrats!!! Thats really exciting!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!!