Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

This was the best Christmas I think I have ever had. For a lot of reasons. The main one is my little family. I loved spending time with them. Warren made it so memorable. I think one thing that really helped was Andrew and I decided not to give each other gifts. It may seem lame, but it turned out way better than I thought it would. We wanted to focus on what Christmas was really about. It took a lot of stress away!!

We had a lot of fun watching Warren enjoy the holiday. He figured the whole Santa concept out a lot more than I thought he would. On Christmas morning he said "Santa found me!" He just looked at the gifts under the tree in amazement that everything there was for him. He carefully selected a package to open. He was so pleased to find a little electric guitar. At first he was so careful with it and then it was on. He was rocking out like I have never seen. Santa got that one right... to the point that he didn't want anything else. After about 10 minutes of him petting, cooing and staring at this guitar, Andrew said "Buddy, there are more presents for you to open." Andrew picked one out for him to open and Warren replied "no thank you daddy" and put the present back under the tree!! I love him so much. It took some convincing, but we finally got him to open the rest of presents.

A new watch and yo yo seem pretty cool to a little guy.


After our little family time, we packed up and rushed to Andrew's families house for a quick visit and breakfast. I didn't get many good pictures..... Grandma and Grandpa Fisher gave him Chuck the Talking Truck. Warren LOVES it.


Then off to my parents for another Christmas celebration. With 4 kids under 2, it makes for interesting times, but good times. Good food. Fun gifts. My parents are always so generous. One neat gift my mom gave each family was a jar that automatically counts change. She challenged all of us to collect our spare change this year. Come the first of December we will all put our money together and go do a sub for Santa to kick off the 2010 season. I think it will be a neat new tradition.

Where's Warren?


Warren loved opening gifts, but really.... all he needs to make him happy is chex mix and Diet Coke. Like mother like son!



I had to post a picture of this.... my mom gave all the adults in the family the most fabulous ornament. She told us we couldn't spend it on groceries, gas or things for our kids. We are supposed to spend it on ourselves!!!


My 94 year old Grandpa Winchester made it out to my parents to celebrate Christmas with us. He is our only living grandparent and I am so glad Warren can get to know such an amazing guy!


My super thoughtful brother John made these cute letters for all of the kids in the family. DARLING. He sells them if anyone is interested. Any letter, any color.


After a crazy holiday, we made it home in time for Warren to play with all of his new toys! He really thinks he is playing Guitar Hero! I LOVE IT!!! It was a fabulous day. I can't believe Christmas has come and gone already. Before you know it.... it will be here again!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Look like guys has alot of fun and such busy time as well.

Fisher Family said...

Glad you all had a nice Christmas! Glad Warren likes the Chuck truck, he's a cutie!