Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Lights gone wrong.
Andrew and I have created a fun tradition in our little family..... well, it's usually fun. We like to go down to Temple Square as a little family, eat at the Lion House Pantry for dinner then go see the lights. When we have gone down before it has been perfect. Not this year. We pulled into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building just a titch before 5:00pm. We figure it was the perfect time to beat the crowd for dinner then stroll though the lights and be on the road and on our way home before 7:00pm. Not the case this year. The Pantry was a joke. The line was over an hour wait!! People were there to eat before the Tabernacle Choir Concert which started at 7:30. Why were they all there so early??!!?? So we figured since it was getting dark the lights would be on soon and we would do that before dinner. WRONG AGAIN!! The lights aren't all the way on until 6:15pm. So, we did what everyone else did while they were waiting for the lights.... go to the visitor center. It was packed. I almost gave up at this point, but my positive husband encouraged me to stick it out. Long story short.... by the time the beeping lights went on and we had our long, long wait for food at the Pantry we had a tired, cold, grumpy and hungry little boy. We ate quickly and weren't on the road to go home until well after 8:00pm. To be honest, it made me a little bah humbug. I need a little Christmas Cheer. Maybe we will try another activity, possibly Zoo Lights to mend my attitude. Better yet, maybe we will pass on the crowd, get take out and watch a Christmas movie by our own tree.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm with you on the tak-out and snuggle by the tree! We were downtown for the performance and the traffic was so bad we were late and they gave our seats away, so I too am a little bah humbug about downtown at Christmas time too!
Cute pictures! Sorry the evening wasn't very fun!
What a bust. Im sorry. I hear that people that to be in their seats for the concert an hour early, and then they are trying to conserve energy and not turn the lights on until later (or so I hear). Not like you needed that info.
But...you could always go down to Thanksgiving point and drive through the lights? Ive never done it, but think it sounds kind of fun with a little Christmas music going?? See ya tomorrow!
Wow. I should really proof read before I publish my comment. Sorry, hope you read through that ok.
i think the take out and watching a christmas movie by your tree sounds like a fabulous plan. i get a little bahumbug around the holidays too - but only because of annoying crowds!!
I hate when plans go drastically wrong. We loved the zoo lights. It was just a little chilly, so bundle! Definitely worth it.
I'm with you. I'd be so bugged. Why does everyone have to have the same dang tradition?
Post a Comment