I seriously LOVED Easter this year. The kids were so darling. Little Weston had so much fun finding eggs at the different Easter Egg Hunts and putting them in his bucket. And Warren thought it was so cool that the Easter Bunny came to our house and left treats. But I have to say, my favorite part about the Easter weekend was on Saturday morning before all of the hype started. Andrew sat Warren down and taught him about the Resurrection. Warren was so attentive and was so interested to hear all about it. Then we had him watch "He is Risen". It was a fabulous way to start the weekend.
My mom decided last year that her Easter tradition would be the Saturday before Easter. It is so AWESOME, because we aren't rushed to do other things. Then on Easter Sunday we can enjoy church without rushing out, and we can go to Andrew's families house without a schedule and trying to get to another event.
My parents had 8 dozen eggs filled for 6 kids to find. Needless to say they came home with so much candy and as Warren put it "a load of cash and coins" that had been stuffed in the eggs. He thought it was so amazing to open eggs and find dollar bills in there. Then we had little Westi who didn't care at all what was in them, he just wanted to pick them up and put them in his bucket. So I kept re-hiding eggs he had already found.
One thing my dad did that was so cute was he spread a ton of taffy in the orchard, like taffy had fallen from the trees. He did it with his best buddy Westi in mind because of all of his stinking allergies. My dad knew Weston could at least have taffy. CUTE.



My dad's version of a seat belt..... a bungee cord in the back of his Gator. It stresses me out, but there are some things I have to just let grandpa do. Even if that means letting them ride around the neighborhood secured down with a bungee cord. They will always have those memories.
I spent all day Saturday making these amazing treats. The little deviled eggs are cute, but I'm not sure they were worth the 2 hours I spent making them.



The Easter Bunny doesn't usually bring toys to our house, but Santa actually left some behind at Christmas that we decided to use for Easter. The kids were excited.
Easter morning was awesome. We have 11:00 church so the kids had time to do their little hunt at our house, and play with the stuff the Easter Bunny brought. Weston thought the bunny poop (jelly beans) was funy.
Church was lovely. Well, as lovely as it can be with a 20 month old and 4 year old. We really don't get much out of church right now because a lot of time is spent in the hall. But it was fun to see everyone dressed up.
Then, home to watch the Masters. Side note: Andrew and I entered a Master's Pool where they pay out 1st and 2nd place. Andrew took 1st and I took 2nd out of like 15 people so we took won all the money. Whoot. It was for sure one of the best Master's I've seen. I couldn't pull myself away from the TV this weekend.
That afternoon we went to Andrew's parents for a nice dinner and egg hunt. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. AND, we actually got a decent picture of our little family in our Easter attire. Except for Weston munching on his binki. But he hasn't been feeling well, so we let him do whatever he wants as long as he's not crying.
2 comments:
Your family looked so cute on Easter! It was a good day!
Look at you and those delicious adorable treats! SO CUTE! And your family picture is also SO CUTE! :)
Post a Comment