I don't want anyone to ever know what the sound of a car accident is like. It's horrible. It sounds like a bomb went off. I didn't even see the truck coming. It went like this..... and all within 10 seconds.
-Boom.
-I see air bags
-Hear the kids cry (THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE FOR THAT)
-Push with all my might to open my driver door
-Pull, with the help of a witness, the kids door open
I can tell you right now, even if my legs would have been chopped off, or if I had a broken back, I would have been to my kids in a half a second. Words can't even describe the horror of wondering what in the heck happened, and making sure your kids were ok.
-Lay one of my hands on each of their chests trying to calm them down.
-Hear someone scream, there is fluid dripping. Get the kids out!
Can you believe, even though it wasn't gas, there were people who thought it may have been and that the car could have blown up, but they still climbed in my car to help get my babies out? There are good people in the world.
There were no skid marks. I didn't see the truck, and the truck didn't see me until we were in each other's laps. He hit me going 40 MPH.
Life can change in one second. Literally, it could be all over. I have been so full of emotion over the past few days. What if I would have turned a half a second earlier and we would have been T-Boned. We wouldn't have survived after being hit by an F-350 truck. The officer told me, "you are lucky to be walking away from this." Another officer told the man that hit us "you almost took out an entire family just to save a minute at a red light."
The police tried to call Andrew. Thank goodness they couldn't get a hold of him. I am sure his panic level would have been way higher to hear from a cop that his family had been in an accident. Instead, I got him to finally answer his phone and told him.
Then I called my mom. She was there in about ten minutes. She was the first person on the scene from my family and I was so happy to have someone there. I'm so blessed that she lives so close.
I sat on a curb balling my eyes out, holding and rocking my babies. Not because I hurt (because at that point I didn't even know I was bleeding) but because I was SO grateful we were alive.
Warren patted me on the back, "It's ok mom. We are ok. I was brave."
Andrew called my dear friend Aly. He didn't know my mom was on her way. She lives so close and he knew he couldn't be there for 20 minutes because he was 2 cities away. Aly dropped everything, loaded her kids and came to rescue us. Even though we just sent her home because my mom was there, it meant so much that she came. Everyone needs good friends. I'm so lucky.
The other thing I hope no one ever has to hear.... "There's ONLY $10,000 in damage, so we will repair it." What a joke. In order to have a car totaled, the damage has to be 80% of the cars value. So we needed it to be in the $15,000 range to have it totaled out. We feel confident that the guy that is fixing it will do a good job though. He promises we will never know it was wrecked. They aren't going to "Fix" anything, but REPLACE everything. That's good I guess.
This picture isn't very good. The bruises and burns on my legs were big and hurt.
The angel who stopped to help. She helped me get my kids out of the car and stayed with us for 2 hours to make sure everything was ok. I wrote her name on my arm because there were so many pieces of paper involved, I didn't want to loose her name.
On Sunday, I knew I needed to stay home and in bed to try and recover. My body hurt SO BAD. Cute Andrew put blankets up on the windows to try and block the sun so I could sleep better. Love him.
Te wreck was Friday. We were supposed to do our neighborhood garage sale Saturday but that obviously didn't happen. I was really looking forward to it too. We had my friend's dad's funeral on Saturday that I had to force myself to get up and get ready for. That sucked. Then I got home and went to bed for the next day and a half.
I hate the year 2012. Between Weston's health problems, my grandpa died, the flood, the wreck I'm done. I would love for something good to happen. Yes, I am extremely grateful to be alive. So grateful my kids are healthy and happy. BUT!!! I would like to stop having my butt handed to me. I know that sounds negative, but really. Don't you think I've had my fair share?
4 comments:
Annie that is so scary! I am so glad you are all alright! I have driven through that intersection a few time since and I am scared. haha Like it couldn't happen anywhere...lol. I love your little family, I am glad you are still here. :)
We are all so glad that you are all alive!!!
Oh my word Annie. That is awful. I am SO glad that you and your little guys are safe. You poor thing - thinking of you!
Glad you are ok:)
Post a Comment