Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ragnar 2012

I can't figure out why I like Ragnar so much. I hate running and I love sleep. Obviously there is a lot of running and very little sleep on Ragnar. But there is something about it that I can't get enough of.

We had a super fun team this year. It was mostly made up of mommies from the neighborhood. The whole team was awesome. We were van 2 and I adore all of the ladies that I spent that 36 hour stretch with. We had a lot of laughs, a lot of pain, a lot of food and not a lot of sleep. But we had a blast.
Jenny Polger - Mindy Wilder - Me - Alicia Rich - Keri Treasure- Brit

Ready for the night runs.



There were some major temperature changes. During one of my runs it was 100 degrees on dirt and asphalt. Then the night runs it was in the 30's at times.

Jolee Henriod was my hand off partner. I was so excited to see her.

Brit was a little clean freak. She's funny.

What a joyous moment. Handing off for the last time. Done and done.

One of the best moments of the race. I had been without DC for 2 days and I was getting grumpy.

I was proud of everyone on our team. But a little extra proud of Alicia for tackling and owning Ragnar Hill with a sprained ankle. She's so awesome.




Seriously? We are so cute.

The tag line for Ragnar is Run. Eat. Sleep? Repeat. Keri is nursing so we added the pump part. So funny.

Done.

What a fun team!!! TOP: L to R. Me, Jenny, Beth Wisamore, Alicia Rich, Britani Knudsen, Jolee Henriod, Mindy Wilder, Laura Brown.
Bottom: Renee Perschon, Keri Gillespi, Alesha Olsen, Keri Treasure


Andrew had a team too. We started at the same time, but our team killed his. But in the end, his team cheated and started their last legs 3 hours early so they could finish with us. I was super happy to see him at the end.


My mom and Merzie brought Warren and Janie up. I LOVED that they had team shirts on. Warren thought his said "Run for my mutha"


What a neat, tiring, exhausting experience!

3 comments:

Alesha said...

I totally didn't see that your van said "pump" that is so awesome! You know your van could have been even a titch funner with me in it. ;)

Fisher Family said...

Congrats Annie we are so proud of you! And Andrew too!

Chelsea said...

Hey! I totally saw your van! We also had a pumper so we were laughing at that.
Glad you had fun :)