Thursday, March 21, 2013

Warren says the darndest things

Oh Warren. What a buddy. For the last little while.... about a year, Warren has had a tough time going to sleep. He asks us to lay with him, so for awhile we did. We realized we needed to nip that in the bud before it got out of hand. So we told him it was time to sleep alone. He was really nervous, but I went into his room and found him with a picture of Jesus, and a picture of all the Jazz Dancers in bed with him. What else would bring you comfort when your parents aren't there? Jesus and Jazz Ladies. What a funny dude.
 
Another funny Warren-ism I have to write down.
I have a few words I am trying to teach him. We put them on the magnet board and review them. Things like integrity, respect, example..... I decided I needed to teach him the word humility. I explained what it was. He just stared at me for a minute then looked at me and said "well if I don't tell everyone how cool I am, how will they know?" Funny.
 
This is a funny picture. We were at my nephews baseball game last weekend. Andrew has been working so much, so I pretty much just tag a long with my parents wherever they go, and we ended up at the game. During the game, Warren did what he usually does. He found a cute, young girl and cozied up next to her. He sat with her the whole game and talked. After the game she told me, "I feel like I just spent an hour having a conversation with an adult, not a 5 year old." Yep, that's my buddy Warren.

 
 
On a side note.... These are my favorite kind of work days. When I come in a sales rep has left me a little present in my office. I love my job.

2 comments:

My Three little girls said...

Warren is so cute:)

Fisher Family said...

He really does say the darnest things! What a cutie!