Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Golf Life

I know I have a lot of golf type posts on here. It is just such a big part of our lives. I am so grateful for what it has done for us. I can't believe I am able to make a living by working in golf and doing what I love. It is such a neat way to spend time as a family, and it teaches my kids some of the most important values. People in the golf industry pride themselves on the fact that it teaches people patience, pride, respect, honesty, sportsmanship, confidence, integrity and perseverance. Golf has done so much for me, and I am so excited to pass it along to my children.
 
Andrew and I played Hidden Valley Country Club on Saturday. It was fun. That's where I grew up so it is always nice to get back there. He's a good sport. I beat him by 12 shots on the front nine. So he stopped keeping score on the back. I love him.

This is one of Warren's tournaments.
L to R: Ike Mitchell, Bennett Peterson, Warren, Alex Terrion



I can't begin to explain how much I love being Warren's caddy.
 
I have to remind myself sometimes when we are on the golf course that he's still 5. Goof ball. And seriously, his outfits?? He dresses himself. Usually the night before. He will spend so much time picking out his outfit, then he will sleep in it. I tried to tell him flat brim hats are not appropriate for the golf course. Then we were watching a PGA Tour event and he saw Ricky Fowler wearing his, so I had no choice but to let him wear his. And he's obsessed with belts and calf height black socks. I don't get it, but I support his spunky style/personality.


I can't believe that in his first year playing in tournaments he is taking home trophies. He took 2nd place last week!!!! What a stud. I am a proud mama.

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

Congrats to Warren on his wins! He is amazing!