In the last 10 years, I have lived with my parents for probably a grand total of 1 of them. I went to college, then I thought I needed to live on my own for awhile to prove my independence. After a couple of years of that I moved to my grandma's house. Then for about 4 months before I got married I lived with them again. What was I ever thinking??? The only time I should have lived away was for college.... Oh what would life be like if we could rewind??? Anyway. Andrew and I are now coming upon our 3 year wedding anniversary and I still had a lot of my stuff at my parents house. Really the only things I took with my when I got married were clothes that fit and some furniture. It almost looked like I hadn't taken anything. Well, my parents are about to totally remodel their house, so my mom bribed me with furniture if I would go clean my crap up. Meredith and I were both in the same situation. She had a lot of crap over there. I had old clothes, formal dresses from all sorts of occasions, all of my memories from junior golf, high school, college, the days I worked and traveled a lot. There were boxes and boxes of stuff. Let's just say we had quite the day reminiscing. The best was when I found a picture of Meredith and I in cheer leading outfits (who knows why because neither of us were ever cheerleaders), but at the same time I found the picture, she found the uniforms. She told me she would pay me $100 if I could get it on..... I will make her pay up. Then she decided to put on everything she found. It was quite funny.
It is amazing how much crap one can accumulate over the years. Let's just say we sent an entire truck full of stuff to the DI and filled my dad's entire dumpster with stuff. I managed to cram the stuff I thought was still important like year books, pictures, awards, etc. into 2 boxes. It was a lot of work, but actually kind of fun. I earned a nice bookshelf as my reward which I am really excited about.

It is amazing what happens to a body after high school. The college 5, then the newly wed 10 and put a baby on top of that... will I ever fit in that outfit again?? At least
Merz has to give me $100. It may come in the form of baby sitting and waxing, but after that, I will be paid. How about her spirit fingers... And how about those white biker shorts....
She is a dork.

Believe it or not, we actually got it all cleaned out in one day.
8 comments:
wow!! i have to say im way impressed. we have been packing to move FOREVER and u got it done in one day?? i would have paid you a hundred bucks to come throw wades crap out. he still has clothes that he had as a sophmore..
You girls are so funny. There is always a good laugh when you 2 are together. It looks like you guys had fun, and Im sure Teri is glad to have some room...shh dont tell my mom, I am in the same situation!
How fun, I love reminiscing and thinking of the drama days...I don't know why I hold on to all my highschool things...I guess it makes me feel like I was young and cool at at least one point in my life :) I bet you two had a riot together!
I still have a ton of stuff in my parents basement! It's always fun to reminisce!
That picture is awesome! You look like a natural, are you sure you weren't a cheerleader?!
annie i love the pictures of you and merz! maybe the cheerleader outfits are the clowns and somehow they ended up over there? i still have a ton of stuff in my parents basement. i am dreading going through it all. it was fun seeing you and your cute little warren.
so...am i'm the only one that has her parents' crap in her basement??? how about coming over and clearing out that junk for me? LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
that is so fun!!!I had to do the same thing once we got hitched!!!!It is fun to sift through our past!!! Love the pics!!!You two remind me so much of my sister and I!
Post a Comment