Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The simple things..

Since becoming a parent, I have realized a few things.
One. never judge another parent or their parenting. You never know when you might do something you at one time thought was horrible.
Two. try not to stress because it all works itself out in the end.
Three. all kids are different and have different personalities and different needs.
And for me, the most important thing is enjoying the little things. I love watching Warren learn new things. Some of my favorites are:
-He is now grabbing little treats with his fingers. He may not get them all in his mouth, but I love watching him try.
-He is starting to dance/bounce to music. His favorite song is Low... yes, the one by Flo Rida. It is entertaining. Maybe I will video him and post it.
-His top two teeth are getting ready to come in. When you say "show me your teeth" and go to lift up his lip, he locks his lips up like he has gold in there that he doesn't want anyone to see.
-He will still fall asleep in my arms.
-He gives the best wide open mouth kisses.
-He falls asleep talking and wakes up talking. When I go in his room to get him out of bed in the morning his arms are flapping like crazy and he kicks his legs because he is so excited. Then I get him out and he gives me a big hug.
-He can put a 6oz bottle down in about 2 minutes.
-He is starting to imitate people. My brother in law was making a funny noise yesterday. Warren thought about it real hard then started to do it. It was SO cute.
-He sings in the car.
-He will now sit long enough for me to read him a book.

Warren is such a happy baby and makes it a joy to be a parent. I feel very blessed to be his mom.

2 comments:

holly said...

so cute--he is like a teddy bear--i just want to squeeze him!! & i LOVE the dancing too :)

Jess Perry said...

He is so adorable. I just want to squeeze him all day long! Are you going to your sister's on Tuesday? Let me know and we can carpool!