Sunday, July 6, 2008

Super fun weekend!!!

This past weekend, my parents rented a condo in Deer Valley so the family could all hang out for the Fourth of July. It was a blast. The weather was perfect. The condo itself was enough to keep us entertained. We could have stayed there and we would have been fine.... but we did a lot more. The condo had a pool table, foosball table, arcade, 2 hot tubs and even a slot machine. One morning, Andrew woke up to find Harrison (4 years old) at the slot machine, pulling the arm and chugging a Mountian Dew. I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of that. I did get a lot of other pictures though. This may be the longest post ever.

Thursday- This was just a kick back night. We stopped at the outlets on the way up and found some awesome deals. Then we went to the condo to hang out and play games.

Friday- Nonstop Fourth of July celebrating. We started by having breakfast on Park City's main street. Then there was an awesome flyover to kick off the parade. It was a parade like no other. Park City is an interesting place and I love it. Where else can you go where people are passing out beer and bloody mary's like one would see water bottles passed out in other places (especially at 9:30am). There were people skiing down the street (reminder, it's July). There was one old lady in the parade with an old Mercedes and speakers in the back playing "let it snow let it snow" (again... it's July). A group was walking down the street with recycle bins! The best though, was the group dressed up like a six pack of beer. It was hilarious. Park City is such a unique, laid back town. I love it.

My mom bought the babies matching outfits for their first parade. They looked so cute. Claire was a little hungry I think. Jane was her usual calm self even with Lily pulling her hair. Warren looks like a tank in this picture..... oh wait he is. He is 8 months old wearing 12-18 month old clothes.

After the parade we walked down main street and did a little shopping. This is how my family rolls now. FOUR STROLLERS. It makes for an interesting experience when it comes to crowds and shopping. The guys usually just stayed outside while we went in to shop. They are good sports.



Travel for the Winchester family is a lot different compared to last year at this time. Getting a table for 14 plus 4 babies usually give the hostess at a restraunt a bit of anxiety.

We ended the night with Warren seeing his first firework show. I was a little nervous that the noise would scare him, but he had a grand old time. He did not stop staring at them. It was darling.

Saturday- Final and favorite day of the trip. This was one of those days I will not soon forget. We took our time getting out of the condo with only one thing on our schedule. We went to the Olympic Park to watch the ski jumpers. They were so amazing. It was awesome.


After watching the ski jumpers, we kind of caught the olympic bug. My dad decided he wanted to do the bobsled. He took all that wanted to go. Talk about an experience of a life time. You are on the track for 1 minute as you go almost 80 miles an hour but it is the craziest and longest minute of your life. We went 3 at a time with our driver. My dad had to buddy up with a random couple. John, Andrew and Brady went together. Meredith, Lori and I went together. It was awesome!!!! Words can't describe the thrill. Something everyone should do at least once.


It was a fabulous weekend to say the least. It was fun for us to all be together. Thanks mom and dad. It was a blast.

6 comments:

E Winzeler said...

I love the 4th of July! What a fun weekend you had with your darling family...if I had to choose a 2nd fam it would be yours hands down. I bet you guys just laugh all weekend! How fun!!! I love all the baby strollers and their carriers lined up along the restaurant wall!

Chelsea said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing get away. I think the picture of Andrew and Warren watching the fireworks is priceless.
I want to do that bob sled. It looks like such a rush!
Hey I heard we might do one more family outdoor slumber party!

Becca said...

Holy fun weekend!!!! That condo sounds incredible and I love the baby invasion!!!!

Lizzy said...

So fun! don't you love weekends like that?!

Jessica said...

That is one fun weekend! I need your email so I can add you to my blog.

Polly said...

sounds like you guys had a great time as only the winchester family can. It was fun to enjoy it through your pictures.