Saturday, October 18, 2008

Harvest Party

My aunt Dana started one of the funnest traditions. It's a harvest party. She assigns everyone a harvest item.... either a fruit or vegetable and you have to come up with a dish to bring with that item. My assignment was berries. I thought and thought about what I could do. I finally decided on Cranberry Orange muffins with a cranberry glaze on top. I spent quite a bit of time on them and was really excited about how they turned out. Well, Andrew was putting Warren in the car as I grabbed the platter of muffins. I took the big hop over the baby gate and almost cleared it, but caught my toe. I tried so hard to save the muffins but they were a total loss. I sat in the hall for about 5 minutes crying. I couldn't decide what I was crying about more, how bad I hurt or how sad I was that my beautiful muffins were scattered all over the place. I have some pretty sweet bruises on my knees, and in the end the raspberry pie from Harmons was devoured at the party and all was well.

The other fun thing my aunt does is a pumpkin growing contest. She sells the seeds for $10 and the winner takes all the cash home. I can't grow anything so we didn't even bring our pumpkin attempt, but I have to say I am pretty impressed with the pumpkins that were brought.

It was such a fun night. Hangin' with the family. Sitting by the fire. Eating good food. The decorations were so dang sute. Dana put lights in the trees and little lanters everywhere. We had a great time.
These are the pumpkins from the contest. Pretty impressive.
Warren thinks Hess is so funny. One time Hess said "Warren is my best friend." I am sure if Warren could talk he would say the same thing about Harrison.

Pictures don't due justice. The decorations were so cute. Little lanterns in the trees, lights everywhere. It was a super fun night.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I am so sorry about your muffins. Hopefully you still tried a piece that didn't touch the ground to see how they were.

Fisher Family said...

So sorry about your muffins that you worked so hard on. I'm glad you had a fun time at the party though!

ashley said...

oh annie im so sorry about your muffins!! im so glad we got to see you guys! it was way fun. Warren is such a doll..

Chelsea said...

That was such a fun party. I missed it last year so I didnt know what to expect. Dana is totally awesome! It was fun hanging out, we will hopefully see you next weekend too!

Becca said...

holy crap how fun is that!