Monday: My mom and I drove down to St. George. I have never seen such bad weather conditions while making that drive and I have done it at least a hundred times. We thought we were going to die. Words can't explain it, but I will try. Imagine being on I-15. A little snow coming down then all of a sudden BAM you have hit a storm that you can't see more than ten feet infront of you and you can't even see the road signs that are basically right next to you. What do you do??? You can't pull over for fear you will be hit. No exit for miles. You just keep driving and praying you come out of it alive.... yes, that is how scared I was. I am so glad my mom was there. I got behind a big truck, we all had our hazard lights on and crept through it. The snow was so thick, the wind was creating little snow tornados and I was white knuckled through the whole thing. When we got out of the storm, I called Andrew and told him his travel plans were changing. He was going to drive down and back in a day. Instead, I made him ride down with my dad, stay an extra and drive me home. How lucky are we that Linda saved us by taking Warren?!?!! Thanks!!
Tuesday: This day is the reason my sweet husband and parents came down. It was our Annual PGA Awards banquet. I have been to many of these, but this one was so different. So exciting! The PGA awarded me the Special President's Service Award for starting Utah Girls Golf in High Schools. It was such an honor because staff has never been eligible for an award, but the board made an exception in this case. It was awesome. The CEO of the PGA of America came in from Florida for the event which was very intimidating, but awesome. Wesley Ruff MC'd the event. He's awesome. I was SO glad my family was there. My dad did something that I can't believe he pulled off. I am not easily suprised, but in this case I was. He had collected all of the articles from the newspapers and magazines over the years about the Girls' Golf Program and sent them to Arnold Palmer. Mr. Palmer wrote me a personal letter congratulating me on the award and had it read at the banquet. I was floored and so excited. It was an amazing night.
The rest of the week was the same.... golf, metings, golf. Fun, but I am glad it is over and home with my baby boy.
Having Wesley Ruff there was awesome.
Andrew looked so handsome.
My super supportive parents made the long drive to see me get the award.
Golf Hall of Fame Member Ernie Schneiter. Very cool.
PGA of America CEO, Joe Steranka.
9 comments:
Congrats, I know this sound cheesy but I'm so proud of you! you have worked so hard, and you deserve it. How awesome to have Arnold Palmer write you a personal letter.
wahoo!! i agree with merz im so so proud of you.. randolph has a girls golf team, and to think its all because of you. your awesome. plus you look gorgous in that dress.
Congrats Annie!
Congratulations Annie! You deserve this great award. What a hard workers you are. I am so proud and wish I could have been there cheering you on! love you tons. Aunt Polly
WOW!!! Annie you are amazing and I am so happy you are being rewarded for it! How exciting - like everyone else, I am soooo proud of you!
Congratulations on a well deserved award! We are proud of you too! We are so glad you made it back safely. We love your little guy and loved having him stay with us! I think both you and Andrew look very very nice!
Way to go Annie! Atta Girl!
your amazing :)
& your tan looks fabulous!!
Congratulations! You left out the minor AWARD detail the other night when you were telling us about your trip. Way to go!
Post a Comment