Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What makes me happy.

My sister Courtney made me realize I have been very negative lately. Things have been a little rough, but looking at the positive really helps. SO, here is a list of things that make me happy.

-Warren jabbering away as he falls asleep and jabbering away as he wakes up.
-Watching Andrew do the hot dog dance. (Yes, Andrew.)
-Seeing Warren learn something new every day. His latest things are shy face, happy face and surprised face. He is learning where his nose, eyes, ears etc. are.
-Our big squishy bed and my soft pink blanket to end a day.
-Friday night pizza.
-Warren’s butt is starting to look a lot better. (Thanks Holly)
-Great people who take care of Warren. His babysitter Holly gave him a chamomile bath yesterday… who does that? She’s awesome.
-Diet Coke
-Andrew and I both having jobs we enjoy. Knowing millions of people have lost their jobs, homes and the lives they are used to, we are really lucky.
-Family that all lives very close.
-Although it has been a week of colds and flu, we are generally healthy.
-Our membership in the church.
-Several temples that are within minutes of our home.
-Living in a free country (hopefully it stays that way… who know with Obama).
-Clear blue sky today.
-It is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny in St. George next week!!!!!
-Warren’s fake laugh.
-My washer and dryer. They have been used A LOT this week.
-A great pediatrician & modern medicine.
-Diet Coke
-Spring is just around the corner no matter what that beeping ground hog says.
-Warren sleeping through the night.
-Warren only wanting his mom when he feels sick.
-The new Wal Mart that is .02 miles away from my house. I can be there and back in 3 minutes when I need a list minute item.
-When Warren sneezes it makes him laugh. When Andrew or I sneeze he laughs harder.
-Seeing Warren run so fast he can’t keep up with himself.
-Warren has a spatial awareness problem. Especially right now when his head is the height of every counter in sight. We have taught him that when he runs into something to “shake it off.” It’s pretty funny.
-I finally fit in clothes I had before I got married again!!
-When Warren has something he knows he shouldn’t like Andrew’s glasses, a remote control or our phones he gives us this mischievous look and starts running the other way.
-Warren likes to wear Andrew’s glasses. He looks like Ralphie from the Christmas story.
-Ice cream on Saturday night.
-Diet Coke.
-My mom who has rescued me quite a bit over the past few months.
-A long bath
-Fresh shaved legs.
-Warren jabbering away and thinking he is actually having a conversation.
-Email and the internet
-My new pink laptop (my new best friend)

Thanks Court. I feel much better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.... diet coke just makes your day!

holly said...

i'm glad things are looking a bit brighter!! we all have bad weeks/months! & i think sometimes you need to just let it all out!!! i know i do!

warren is a great kid & we love having him here!

& i also agree....
diet coke equals happiness :)

Merz said...

At a girl!!

ashley said...

nice list!! hey congrats about your award.. my mom told me, that wasnt on the list. and congrats on fitting into clothes u had before getting married. thats awesome!!

Tricia said...

That makes me feel better, too. What made Warren's bum better? The chamomile bath? We are having a major diaper rash problem at our house, and I would love to give my little one some relief.

Becca said...

we all need lists like that sometimes!