What do you do when the only things your child will eat is yogurt, oatmeal and gold fish crackers. Seriously I have tried all of the normal kid foods. Hot dogs, mac n' cheese, chicken nuggets, you name it and I've tried it. Every time I make dinner we try to feed it to him and he will have nothing to do with it so back to the cupboard for oatmeal I go. It is kind of funny when I try to give him something and he will barely stick his tounge out to taste it and 99% of the time puts his hand out to push it away. I am at a loss. He is so dang picky!!!
5 comments:
That is tough because you don't want them to starve but really! It gets old! Why doesn't it get old to them?! Addy did that and then I finally started forcing her, by the instruction of her doctor, to not give her anything different than what we would eat for dinner. It worked after she started realizing she would go hungry! Sounds like abuse, doesn't it?
He really is picky. Usually I can get him to eat a half of banana with his yogert but not today. At lunch we tried his applesause and some peanut butter. No luck, I got the oatmeal out too.
he is picky! but you do have to keep in mind, he won't let himself starve....if he's hungry enough, he'll eat what you put in front of him. i usually will let kate "pick" what she wants for breakfast & lunch (& by "pick" i mean i give her two choices...) then for dinner i "talk up" whatever i'm making & try to let her help in some way, even if its small. we also try to eat at the table together (she eats better when someone else is eating & loves to sit next to daddy.)
warren does pretty good when he's eating with kate (so you can just borrow her at all your meals!)
another thing that works well with kate....i give her small portions. that way, its not so overwhelming & then she can ask for more.
and if nothing else, only having to buy oatmeal & yogurt makes your grocery shopping easy :)
sorry, one more thing....kate went through a "only fishy-crackers" phase too....so i stopped buying them for like three or four months! then i wasn't even able to give them to her & she started trying other things....now i'll leave you alone :)
give him what you are eating and put one thing he likes on the table. if all he eats is piece of bread for dinner fine. he will learn to like new stuff eventually. he definatly will not starve! when ezra was littler he would eat everything, i mean like everything ( fruit, veggies, guacamole, meat but bananas, he never liked them) anyways right before he turned 2 he started getting picky. it drove me crazy. i made his " favorites" for a while but i got sick of it. so i stopped and just made him a plate of what we were eating and he started trying new things! now he we try almost anything. eli will eat anything so i'm lucky there. good luck.
Post a Comment