Monday, August 2, 2010

Sweet Boy.

My little Warren is a handful, but so incredibly sweet at the same time. He is always concerned about people. He asks me all the time if I am ok. When I cry the pats my head, wipes away my tears and tells me "it's ok mommy."

Sunday I felt so crappy. With baby day so close I am getting more and more "bad days." I walked into Warren's room to check on him. He was just in his little chair reading books. When I walked in he said "mommy, are you tired?" I said yes, buddy I am. Then he said to me "lay down on my bed." So I thought I'd play along and I laid on his bed. He then proceeded to do our little bedtime routine, but in reverse roles. He pulled the covers over me, put a "buffy" (his little cuddle rag) on my face and started to rub my head. He sang me a song then walked to the door, turned out the light and said to me what I say to him every night.... "you are my sunshine."

So that's the sweet part..... The funny part is when he came back 20 seconds later and said "if you get out of bed I'll spank your bottom." We have had a hard time getting him to stay in bed at night so he has heard that line a couple of times. I laughed so hard.

When I finally came out of his room he asked me how my dreams were, just like I ask him when he wakes up. It was darling.

5 comments:

Fisher Family said...

He is so cute! That is a darling little story.

holly said...

He is such a great little boy! Sorry about the other day....I hope he's feeling better! I read your other blog & I am ready to take him at a moment's notice WHENEVER you need me to! I hope your shower went well...I was bummed that I couldn't be there! (But a weekend without kids was so nice!) If you make it until Friday, why don't you guys go out before the little guy arrives :)

Kaysie said...

I would have gone into labor laughing so hard at him! Little stinker - but a super cute little stinker!

the mama monster said...

that is so cute! what a sweetie. how are you feeling?

Meg said...

Oh my gosh that is the best story I've heard in a long time! I laughed out loud!! That Warren is the cutest thing ever. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Good luck. :)