Tuesday, July 27, 2010

About me....

For me, blogging is truly a form of journaling. I am NOT a scrapbooker. When I discovered the world of blogging I was hooked because it took my fairly high amount of computer knowledge and the desire to jot down memories and it was a perfect match.

I hope one day this is something my kids will look back on and remember the memories we created as a family, but mostly I hope they can learn something about me. So in an effort reach that goal I am going to take some time to jot down a few things about me. I was reading a friend's blog a little while back and she made a similar list to this one..... it got my mind going about doing one on myself. Now that my blog is private I feel like I can post this and the whole world won't be able to read it. So, here we go.

-I hear people talking about revelations they have, or that after a prayer the Lord has told them exactly what to do. I wish I had more experiences like that. I have only had one and I am so grateful that I was told to marry my best friend Andrew.


-I made fun of people that met and got married quickly until it happened to me.

-I have a VERY sensitive nose. There are some smells that can through me over the edge. Some perfumes like Sunflower perfume can ruin my day. I HATE the smell of breakfast. SO.... if Andrew makes it the windows and doors have to be open. I don't allow deep frying or cooking fish of any type in my house.

-I rolled my eyes at parents who had out of control children until I had Warren. Although he is a super sweet baby and he is actually starting to mind me, he is still a very energetic little boy. There was a lady in church who was watching my little family and rolled her eyes and gave me the dirtiest look. It made me cry and I had to leave. I am very self concious about how Warren behaves because I always had this idea of the perfectly behaved kids and now I am getting my butt kicked.

-Getting my hair done is one of my favorite things to do each month.

-I am a little obsessive about showering. Most days I shower twice. I can't stand the thoughts of smelling bad and I hate being dirty.

-Warren can be naughty and most of the time it makes me laugh. Bad, I know because it probably fuels the fire.

-I love Raspberry Days at Bear Lake. I look forward to that trip all year.

-I would say the only thing about my apperance I am pleased with is my feet. They are pretty cute.

-I am not a good committee member. I have a hard time taking orders from other people and I usually prefer to be incharge. This is a fault I work on daily. For the first 6 years that I worked for the PGA my boss and I fought over everything. We are like fire and ice. Now he admits we are worse than a married couple because I am usually right and he should just listen to me. I just wish he would have just learned that out 7 years ago.

-I wish I was a more spiritual person.

-I honestly care what people think about me.

-My perfect vehicle set up would be me in a black Escalade with 4 kids in the back, Andrew in a black 7 series BMW and a black truck that sits in the garage except when we are using it to pull the boat and help people move stuff.

-I often wonder what my life would be like if I would have taken that job with the PGA Tour the week before I met Andrew. I know it wouldn't have been better and I would never trade my boys for anything, but it would have been awesome.

-I know I watch too much mystery TV and I shouldn't watch the news as much as I do. CNN, local news, 48 hours mystery and Dateline:Real Life Mystery are so addicting to me. It doesn't help my paranoia though.

-The show Wipeout is another one of my favorites. I know it is horrible that I love to watch people getting their trash kicked, but they are doing it voluntarily so it's ok.

-One of my biggest desires in life is that my children will grow up to be nice, polite people.

-I try to put on a tough face, but deep down inside I am an insecure person.

-What Emily Post writes I take as hard core law to me. Manners, especially table manners are SO important to me. It drives me nuts when people don't hold their silverware properly.

-I have become obsessed with the show "Royal Pains" which has also lead to an obsession with wanting to live in the Hamptons. Since we all know that won't happen any time soon, I want to turn my house into a cape cod style home. Fresh, light colors.

-Wrinkled fabric drive me nuts. I have calmed down since I had a baby. I don't iron my bed sheets anymore, but I still iron the pillow cases every so often.

-I really love to play golf. Even more now that I am not playing competitively.

-I have such a fear of my family getting hurt. I know it isn't healthy for anyone involved, but every step Warren takes I watch carefully for fear he will get hurt.

-I have had a fear of fire ever since I was very young. I even slept on my parents floor many nights until I was about 15. Warren slept in our room until he was 4 months old because I was afraid to have him sleep down the hall from us for fear if a fire started I wouldn't be able to get to him fast enough. The first thing I did when we bought our house was buy fire extinguishers and fire ladders. There were only 2 areas of the house that didn't have smoke detectors. The laundry room and garage. Yes, I'm a freak and would say not many people put smoke alarms in their garage, but we did. Poor Andrew puts up with so much.

-If I am not 5 minutes early to something I feel like I am late.

-When I am having a bad day I usually imagine myself in bed wrapped up in my super soft pink blanket drinking a Diet Coke with fresh lime and eating Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream and my man laying next to me. That always makes me feel better.

-I love junk food. I don't buy fresh fruits and veggies much because they usually go bad before we eat them because we jump to the chips and cookies. HORRIBLE.

-I really wish I wasn't wound so tight and could relax a little bit.

-I hate working out with every morsel of my being. Running sucks but I do it anyway. There is nothing about it that I like except loosing weight.

-Having a husband and child has forced my obsessive compulsive disorder to calm down quite a bit. No matter how many times I put things away, Warren will follow right behind me and mess it up again.

- I have really bad anxiety. There have been times I am convinced I am having a heart attack and I want to kill people who tell me it's an anxiety attack. If you haven't had one you are lucky because they really hurt that bad.

-Dirty dishes in a sink much more than 10 minutes after a meal can through me over the edge.

-The day I have enough cash in the bank I am going to have my boobs lifted.

-I can't sleep if there are clean clothes that haven't been folded and put away. I don't even allow clean clothes to go in laundry baskets because it is too tempting to leave them there. Straight from the dryer to their proper place in our house.

-I wish I would have taken those dance classes my mom and dad paid for. I am one of the most ungraceful people I know.

-My head wants to think too logically for accounting. I am 2 accounting classes shy of a college degree and I just couldn't pass them. Even a private tutor couldn't make sense of in and out methods to me.

-I love the rain. The smell of rain on hot cement is one of the best smells in the world.

-I love being a wife and mother.

-I love to bake and cook for my little family.

-I wish I could retain information better. My mind wanders so much that I can't focus on something long enough to remember. This makes it hard to read a novel. I usually have to read a page multiple times because my mind wonders off thinking what's on my "to do list."

-Andrew doesn't understand that my mind won't turn off. I wish it would. I have to fall asleep to the TV to help me get my mind off of real life and what needs to be done next.

-I LOVE the 4th of July. Fireworks, parades, BBQ's. LOVE it. It's even better now with a child.

-I have the opposite problem of procrastination. Once I am asked to do something or I get an idea I have to do it right then. I get obsessed with it.

-I hate seafood. In social situations I tell people I am allergic to it to avoid them begging me to try it.

-I wish I was 3 inches taller and 15 pounds lighter. (in my un-pregnant weight)

-I am an early to rise early to bed girl. If I sleep until 7 that is considered sleeping in. If I go to bed past 9:30pm I have been up late.

-I love everything about fall. Football season, bakings, apples, the clothes, Warren's bday, Macintosh Apple candles, blankets. The State Fair. Halloween. I love it. The only thing I hate about it is people trying to get me to put a costume on. I don't know why but I hate dressing up. I'm a dud, what can I say?

-Although I complain about it a lot, I love Utah Open Week.

-I always have to have a project going.

-One of my greatest accomplishments at work is getting girls high school golf sanctioned in the state of Utah. It was a huge 5 year project for me that I was so proud of once it was established. Seeing the amount of girls that have benefited from it makes me feel good. Going from about 30 girls playing high school golf to almost 2,000 in 5 years is something I am happy to say I was part of.

-I have become a "MOM" driver. You will rarely see me drive over the speed limit. I have precious, innocent cargo now and I am more aware of the dangers of driving too fast. People who knew me before my "mom days" may be surprised because I had 9 traffic tickets of some sort before I was even 18.

-I love a good chick flick. Sweet Home Alabama and Hope Floats are my faves. And now you can add The Blind Side to that list.

-How did I survive life without my boys?

-My siblings are my best friends. We have lunch together at least once a week. It is rare a day goes by that I don't talk to at least one of them if not all of them.

-I want people to come to me when they are sad or need help. I want to be "that person."

-I have a really hard time asking for help or admitting I can't do it all.

-I wish I would have spent more time on my golf game and been a better player.

-Although most people say the day their kids were born were the best days of their lives, the day Warren was born was one of my worst. I can't imagine life without him of course. He is the best baby in the world, but boy was he a tough baby to deliver. 22 hours of labor ending in a C-Section is not what I would classify as a good day. I was so sick I didn't even hold him for the first two days unless forced for a photo opp.

-I am convinced that women who say they love to be pregnant are liars. It sucks so bad, but worth it in the end.

-Although I HATE camping (unless in a RV). I truly love watching how happy it makes Andrew. I go for him.

-I don't hold back on my thoughts and sometimes it gets me in trouble. If you don't want my TRUE opinion, don't ask for it.

-I am a sucker for the horse. My bank account could be at zero and I would still find a way to buy RL clothing.

-I pretend I don't know how to work iTunes because I like that Andrew does it for me.

-Working outside the home makes me feel good. I know it is a social shock that I work and I am a mother, but with every day that goes by I care less about what other people think about it. It is good for our family and for my mental health.

- I miss my grandparents so much it makes me cry.

- I HATE to be cold.

- I LOVE my bath tub. The 2 main things that were on my must haves when we were house hunting was 1. big closet 2. big bath tub.

- If I could omit one week out of the year it would be Boys High School Golf State Championship week.

- On a day that I haven't had enough Diet Coke I truly feel like my blood stops. The hardest thing about being pregnant is only getting one a day. On a non pregnant day I can easily drink 6-8 cans. On a really crazy day I do a full 12 pack.

-I want to live in a small town. I watch how intense sporting and social situations get in our area and I don't want my kids to be part of it. Kids in little league sports should be playing like they are in little league, not the NFL, NBA or PGA Tour players.

-I really hope Warren picks golf. I want to be a golf mom.

-I hate microwave popcorn. It needs to come from the popcorn popper or I won't eat it.

-I can honestly say I never truly appreciated all my parents did for me until I became one. I look at the experiences we had growing up. Being raised in "The Church." The activities we were part of. The vacations we went on..... I can't believe how lucky I am to have been raised the way I was.

-I LOVE taco Tuesday. $3.80 feeds my little family AND there is nothing to clean up after.

-I think about my future all of the time. I am so glad I have a man like Andrew to be with forever. I hope we get to serve a mission together one day. I look at older people who are still married. Their looks are gone. They are quickly becoming more dependant on people to take care of them..... I can't imagine going through that with anyone but Andrew.

I am sure I will continue this later.

7 comments:

Eric said...

It was fun get to know little better as read your blog.

The Treasures said...

What a fun list! We are very alike in many ways. What is it about RL?! I'm a total sucker. ha ha It was fun learning all those little things about you. :) Great post idea.

Chelsea said...

Wow, good work.
6-8 cans of DC a day!?
Haha, thats awesome.
Well I have known you my whole life, but I still learned a lot about you reading this!
PS. I hate working out just as bad as you do I think. Hate it.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So fun to read about you! I agree completely about the "Boob lift, and the dirty dishes in the sink driving you nuts" Chris had to learn that from me the hard way (ha ha ha!)

Lizzy said...

LOVED this list!!

the mama monster said...

i loved reading your list annie. holy crap though... that is alot of diet coke you drink! i am so glad we got to grow up together and then be neighbors again. your a great person annie :)

Meg said...

I loved reading about you Annie! I could relate to almost everything you said, except for the one about ironing. I don't iron. And I don't need a boob lift. Just boobs, period. That is an awesome list.