Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Halloween Birthday

Warren is my little Halloween Buddy. My water broke 2 weeks early and after 22 hours of labor ending in a C-Section, my little Sunshine was born October 30, 2007. This has always, and I think will continue to make Warren's birthday mix with Halloween celebrations. It sure did make for a fun, but LONG weekend. We celebrated his birthday on Friday the 29th since the world was celebrating Halloween on the 30th this year.

We started by letting him open presents then Andrew made Warren his favorite breakfast (thin pancakes).

Then we were off to the Aquarium. I asked Warren awhile back if he wanted to take a few friends to get pizza for his birthday. He said "no, I just want to take them to see the fishies." So, that's what we did. Look how awesome my family is. I can't believe how many of them showed up on a Friday morning to go to the aquarium. Even my dad broke away in the middle of a work day to have some fun!



Yes, that's a real shark and real pumpkins. I have some mad photography skills. (or I just got lucky having the shark swim by at the perfect moment.)


Then, off to lunch for pizza and cake. Do you notice how big that breath is for candles that aren't lit? The dang fans at the restaurant kept blowing them out.


Have you ever seen a kid so excited for new shoes? Too bad he won't wear them. He prefers his totally beat up "scooter shoes."


So, this is kind of a sad story with a happy ending. I have learned the crushing feeling that comes with disappointed kids. When Warren was being potty trained, we told him if he went 7 days without an accident he could have a Buzz Lightyear. Well, that was easy for him. He earned his Buzz with no problem. The sad thing was, when we handed it to him he had the most disappointed look on his face. He said in a sad little way "sanks mom", dropped his little head and walked away. He came back about 10 minutes later and said "mom, this is not the right Buzz. He doesn't talk and he's too small." OH MY WORD!! I just about jumped in the car and ran to Wal Mart to try again. But, I practiced self control and tried to teach us both a little lesson about having to take disappointment sometimes. I was crushed though. Well my mom, aka Budda, saved the day and gave him the right Buzz for his birthday.






Friday night we continued the birthday celebration mixed with a little Halloween. Red Butte Gardens puts on the most fabulous Halloween celebration. The kids had a great time. It was beautiful up there! So many activities and it was decorated so cute. Each little area had a Halloween tradition from different countries.


They made potions....


... painted pumpkins.....

...made masks....


... had their faces painted...


... played drums...


They also made darling little lanterns and set them off into the lake. They made little clothes line dolls then put them in a fire which is apparently an old Halloween tradition. The Chinese dragons followed us most of the night. Warren loved them.

Weston was such a good sport. It was a long night and he barely made a peep.


Saturday was the big Halloween celebration. We always spend the day at my parents house making fun treats, carving pumpkins, eating yummy food all day long. It's one of my favorite days of the year. This year was kind of lame though because of the dumb weather. It made it so we couldn't go out and sit by the fire or even spend much time trick-or-treating. We made the most of it though.
Since it was Warren's actual birthday, and the dang candles wouldn't light the day before we had cupcakes and let him blow out candles.













This is my crazy funny sister Merz. She's sober, but maybe had too much candy. Well, maybe not, this is just how she is. Always making us laugh.




Sunday, Warren got another fun birthday celebration at the Fisher's during their Halloween party. What a lucky, spoiled boy.

What a fun weekend!

5 comments:

Ashley Outnumbered said...

I love the picture of the two boys at your front door!

And Merz is a freak! What the heck dance was that? Whatever it was, she rocked it. :)

Fisher Family said...

Wow you had a busy weekend. We sure thought the boys looked cute. It was fun celebrating on Sunday for Warren's birthday.

Kaysie said...

Such a cute birthday boy! Thank goodness for GRANDmas to save the day!
HaHa - I can't stop laughing at Merzie's dance video. I love how she is dancing like crazy and everyone els is going about their buisness as if all was normal! Thanks for the grin!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

OH your boys look so stinking cute. And happy late birthday to WARREN!

Tricia said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Warren! I love that cute boy. That seriously looks like such a fun weekend. I loved the video of Meredith...she cracks me up:)