Do any of you every feel like it's all too much? My brother sent me this article today. (Click Here). I often times feel like I can't keep up with the Stay at home Mormon Mommies. I think it's great that everyone has children that look like they stepped out of a Gap ad, homes that look like they are in a Pottery Barn Catalogue, and nothing isever out of place. It seems like these stay at home mommies have daily minute to minute routines that aren't ever altered. This agenda usually includes shopping trips, then home to make lunch from the veggetables and wheat that were grown in their back yards and harvested minutes before lunch. These women are stepping out into their gardens wearing the latest fashion from J Crew and dirt won't even appear on their fancy shoes and jewlery because they are just to damn perfect.
Their children are in private school and the mom's LOVE to tell you how expensive the tuition is and how smart their kids are. Every other month they are jetting off on a vacation their perfect husband planned. When they get home they will whip together a perfect party with perfect food and perfect decorations wearing the perfect jewlery that they made from spare items laying around the house. The party is to celebrate the latest accomplishment their husband or perfect kids had. While in their home they will show you the latest piece of furniture they re-upholstered themselves in their spare time and chat about the latest novel they have been enjoying. While their perfect kids are still sleeping, they rise before the sun to get in their 10 mile jog to prepare for beeping Ragnar.
SERIOUSLY!! Who has time to read? And why would I want to craft when it always turns out looking like a 5 year old did it, and it would probably be cheaper to buy the project already done by the time you purchase all of the supplies you need. I don't even have time to watch the news anymore. I can't remember the last time I slept for 5 straight hours, let alone 8. I'm tired and need a vacation. Can you tell I'm overwhelmed and grumpy today? My house is in chaos. The last 3 meals my family has had were fast food. I don't think I will ever see the bottom of my laundry basket again. As much as I hate dishes in my sink my dishwasher doesn't work fast enough to keep up. I'm 10 lbs over weight and have no desire to run a marathon even though it's the "thing to do lately".
No comments:
Post a Comment