Warren has quite the imagination. A few weeks ago he "built a race car" out of blankets. Can't you tell that's what it is by looking at the picture? If you move one of the pillows an inch he'll flip out. And the Toy Story blanket at the end is the car's nose.... duh. The stuffed animals are strategically placed as windows. I can't mess with it or I get "MOM, YOU BUSTED MY RACE CAR. NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER."
Yesterday I got to the point where I had enough of the mess on the floor. I started to fold the blankets and tidy his room up. I have minor OCD and a pile of blankets on the floor has given me anxiety like I can't explain. Well, I decided the anxiety was better than dealing with the fit that came with him seeing me clean up the race car.
We are going on 2 weeks with him sleeping on the floor. Who cares that he has a queen size pillow top bed next to him. The "Race Car" on the floor is way better. Andrew even tried to convince him that his bed was a monster truck and we could put the "tires" (aka pillows) on the bed. No way. Race car on the floor it is my buddy.
4 comments:
I know the feeling and I love the race car he made. Make me laugh:)
Me again when said eric it's april
When I brought his valentine to him he showed me his race car bed. Sometimes you just have to have your kids happy so you can have a little peace. Andy said he'd cleaned it up while you were in St. George but Warren just built it again. He has quite the imagination.
We're going on about 3 or 4 months of sleeping on the floor. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. She really does sleep on the floor EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I fought it at first, but then agreed to the "pick your battles theory" (and plus I was also 9 months pregnant when she started and couldn't fight it:) I figure it will be funny to tell her that she chose to sleep on the floor for 3 years at her wedding breakfast.
Post a Comment