Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Proud Parent

Andrew and I had a tiny little taste of youth sports over the past 6 weeks. We signed Warren up for a basketball class. It was so dang cute. He LOVED it. We didn't expect him to come out of there knowing much more about basketball than he did going in. We hoped he would have fun with new friends and maybe learn a little about taking turns and direction from a coach.

Last night was the "graduation." We were so proud of him. He was the youngest and smallest kid in the class. He was one of the best dribblers and certainly the best shooter. That made me feel quite proud, but it was last night at graduation that I felt more proud of him than I ever have. Of the 25 kids in his class, he was the only one to say thank you when he received his medal and certificate.

I have said many, many times I hope that my kids are successful in life and I do everything I can to help them. I hope they are good in the sports they choose. I want them to do well in school. Most of all though I hope they are nice, polite and grateful kids. Last night I was so happy to see my little Warren sit with his little class and take direction, hug his friends and tell them he had a good time and thank his coach when it was all over.



2 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So sweet, I would definitely be proud of my child as well (how sad, he was the only one to say Thank You...you are doing a great job!)

Fisher Family said...

So cute! He is so polite and grateful for everything. It endears him to people. Good job Mom and Dad!