Andrew and I rolled out of bed at 6:00 the next morning to run the Riverton 10K. I'll be honest, we were super slow, but we were running on almost no sleep. Weston had a rough night so I spent a majority of the night rocking him. I am proud of us for even doing it.
When we got home from running, our kids were just waking up. And just because we were tired it didn't mean we could sleep. We had kids to look after. So, off to the pool. Out to lunch. Bike rides....... Then off to dinner to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Home to change then off to fireworks. Seriously. The weekend was all about doing one activity, coming home long enough to change, get different gear and leave again. We LOVED it.
We have created a new 4th of July firework tradition. Riverton does their firework show on the Saturday of the 4th. We found a church with a fabulous view minus the crowds. A few people from our neighborhood came. The kids played together and we set off our own fireworks. Good times were had. Same time, same place next year.
I was so excited that I got to teach sharing time the next morning (sarcasm). I made it through though. Next activity...... Campout at my parents house. So here we go again. Come home, change clothes, pack up new gear and go again. We had a great time. The kids loved it. I loved it because Warren was able to "go camping" but I didn't have to lay on dirt and use a porta potty. My kind of camping! Weston even slept through the night. He's only done that a handful of time so I'm thinking he's going to sleep outside more often.
Next activity. My parent's ward breakfast and bike parade. What a great way to start the actual 4th of July. After the parade we decided to spend the rest of the day with just our little family. Out to lunch. The pool. Out to dinner. A few fireworks at our house... by 8:00 that night we were spent. I would guess we were in bed earlier than anyone else.
I'm so sad. I didn't take very many pictures this weekend. I caught a few of the sleepover but that's it.
Our house is a wreck. There is a pile of laundry that I don't think I'll ever get through. I haven't been grocery shopping and we are old mother hubbard. We just ate out every meal for 5 days :)But we have so many new fun memories and I can always clean and get groceries later.











No comments:
Post a Comment