It is so sad that sometimes it takes a tragedy to make you take a step back to remember what is really important in life. About a year ago an acquaintance of ours went for a bike ride. She was hit by a car and killed. Just like that, her life that appeared to be so perfect was over. She left 2 beautiful daughters and an amazing husband behind. I couldn't help but hug my family a little tighter and a little longer.
A family in our ward has been given a trial I can't even imagine going through. You often hear that the bigger trials are saved for the stronger people. Well, they have to be tough as nails because they have been asked to sit and watch a perfect little angel be sent to them, but know that he will more than likely not be on this earth much longer.
He was born a little over a month ago by C-Section. He wasn't breathing well so he was sent by life flight to Primary Children's Hospital as his mother stayed at another hospital to heal.
That alone would tear me to pieces. I don't know every little detail, but from what I do know..... In the beginning they were told his lungs just weren't developed yet even though he was a full term baby. They expected him to spend a week in the hospital, be given some steroids then he'd be home. Time passed. Test after test and no answer to why he still wasn't getting better.
This week baby Pierce's parents were told he probably wouldn't ever go home. He was diagnosed with a very rare nerve disease that will never allow him to breathe on his own. His mom posted on their blog "our baby was given a name and a blessing this week, and it will more than likely be the last blessing he will receive."After I read her last post, I walked in baby Weston's room and watched him sleep. I couldn't help but scoop him up into my arms and rock him while he slept, and I cried like a baby. How is it that I am so lucky to have such beautiful, healthy children? How grateful I am for those little angels.
At this moment I am so grateful for every poopie diaper I GET to change. For every tantrum I am allowed to deal with. For the small fortune I have the opportunity to spend on formula. I am so blessed I get to hear my baby cry in the middle of the night. We are so lucky Warren wants us to lay with him at night while he falls asleep. The chaos and disorganization they have brought on our family seems so trivial. Stepping over toys, tripping over shoes and constantly cleaning up after my little bugs has taken on a whole new meaning. I means they are here with us and I am so incredibly grateful for that.
How very blessed we are to have them here on this earth so we cab watch them grow and spend every possible minute with them.
And to Phil and Alesha, I am so sorry for this trial that has been given to you. I don't want to pretend I know what you are going through, or try to come up with the perfect words that would make you feel better. People heal in their own ways and I just want you to know we love you and your family. We pray for you all of the time and know that although none of us understand why this is happening now, you will get through it and you have friends and family that are there for you every step of the way.
Now you can rest with the angels baby Pierce.

2 comments:
Life can be so hard! We are very blessed!
Amen. Beautifully said.
Post a Comment