I survived another Utah Open. It is a long, tiring week. But at the same time it's a lot of fun. It's hard on my family because I'm away and Andrew has to play single parent for a week. But at the same time it's good for the family with over-time and many other opportunities that are developed and the networking I am able to do.
This year was the best. It just keeps getting better and better. This was my 9th Open, which means I'm starting to figure out what works and what doesn't.
Our photographer took at least 10 million pictures, but I can only post so many ya know?
We started this year off with a lone bag piper. One word. AWESOME!
This year was the best. It just keeps getting better and better. This was my 9th Open, which means I'm starting to figure out what works and what doesn't.
Our photographer took at least 10 million pictures, but I can only post so many ya know?
We started this year off with a lone bag piper. One word. AWESOME!
These pictures are out of order, but on the last day we make a donation to Special Olympics for $30,000. Not bad! I love giving money to charity.
The winner of the event made $20,000. Pretty good paycheck for 3 days of golf.
Another Utah Open perk would be the clothes. New outfits every single day.
LOVED the trophies this year. I got more compliments on those than anything.
This poor guy experienced his first Utah Open. Aaron Goodman is our new Tournament Director and the Open took a toll on him. Rooky.
Another cute staff picture.
My pal Tori.
(Below): Devin Dehlin, Gina Peterson, Me, Jason Moon. Jason is the Oakridge superintendent and makes our lives so much easier during the week. He puts his staff to work to do most of the set up, keeps the course in amazing shape and at the same time he keeps us laughing our tails off all week. He doesn't have much of a filter. This picture doesn't show off his black shorts with a tie. Only he could do that.
The photographer got on the roof to take pictures. She was awesome.
Mr. Happy Thumbs Up (Aaron)
Look at me trying to pretend I know how to sell golf clubs. They got behind at the register so I tried to help. Bad idea. I should just stick to supervising the staff.
I love the arial shots.
So, Governor Gary Herbert came. I'm thinking we are big time now.
Utah Open food is SO GOOD. Another benefit to being up at Oakridge is not having to cook or c
lean up after myself (or anyone else for that matter). During Utah Open week there are over 2,700 meals prepared and 5,000 drinks given out. Keeping people fed and hydrated all week (especially when it's 100 degress all week) is a lot of work.
My boys came up a few times. It was so nice to have them there. Warren is kind of a pimp. He wanted to meet the Jazz Ladies. It's rare that kid is speechless, but when he met them he was mumbling. It was super funny. When we drove away he told me "mom, you were right. Those Jazz Ladies sure were cute."
Best part of the Open: All of the Diet Coke I can handle.
My boys came up a few times. It was so nice to have them there. Warren is kind of a pimp. He wanted to meet the Jazz Ladies. It's rare that kid is speechless, but when he met them he was mumbling. It was super funny. When we drove away he told me "mom, you were right. Those Jazz Ladies sure were cute."
On set up day we have to pack a massive Uhaul with all of our equipment. Warren wanted to ride home with Devin. So, he did. From Farmington all the way to Draper. He thought it was cool to ride in a truck as big as a WalMart truck. Funny kid.
We had some great media coverage.
The president of Les Olson company gave this gumball machine to Warren. Cool/Obnoxious. Now he always wants a gumball.
We had some great media coverage.
Mark Walker (Energy Solutions) Me, Wesley Ruff (Channel 4 Sports)
Unless you are a golfer, you won't appreciate the fact that I met Billy Casper. 3 time major champion and Hall of Famer. Quite the honor.
More media.
Casey from Channel 2 Morning Show is so freakin' funny. He thought it was awesome that we had the same color of shirt on. I'm a big fan.
This is what my office for 10 days looks like. I spend about a quarter of the time in the building and three quarters on the course and chatting with the players. Not a bad gig.
The over view of set up.
The over view of set up.
Banner row.
I came out alive. I have about 25 mosquito bites, 15 blisters, 35 bruises & 10 extra pounds. I logged 122 hours in 8 days and didn't get much sleep. That's what it takes to put on a successful event I guess.
On a side note, I have to say my hubbie is a champion. Taking care of 2 kids BY YOURSELF all week is SO hard. However, I still came home to a clean house, clean sheets and towels and the laundry was done.
And that's a wrap for the 2011 Utah Open. Until next year, so long.
1 comment:
Glad you survived it all. The fun and all the work.
Post a Comment