Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weston James




How in the world has it already been a year that this little angel came into our lives? He is truly such a joy. When I found out I was pregnant I thought for 9 months straight that there would be no possible way to love another child as much as I love Warren. It's amazing how your heart grows and makes room to love all of your children. I love and adore him so much.



Weston (or Westi Poopers as we call him) is getting to be pretty funny. He LOVES to wrestle. He thinks it's funny to hide his binkis in his laundry basket. He likes to stick his tongue out and dance to music. He HATES to be rocked, so when he's tired he needs to be by himself in his bed.



His one year appointment was a rough one. The doctor told us a few months ago that if he was still having his barfing problem we would need to do testing. She was hoping it was just acid reflux or a gag reflux problem. So at the one year appointment when he was still vomiting 2-3 times a day they decided to do some blood work. I got a call while I was at the Utah Open and the voice mail said "Hi Annie. This is Sherry Vlam (The doctor). I really need to talk to you. I just got Weston's blood tests back so give me a call." All of a sudden the 250 people standing around me disappeared and all I could do was think what could be wrong. I gulped back the tears and excused myself to return the call. We found out he's allergic to peanuts, egg whites and white potatoes. Bad news, Yes. However it was better than I expected after listening to the voicemail. We have an appointment with a specialist next week, so we will see what steps we take from here.




Watching your baby get their regular shots is hard enough. Then you watch them poke and prod looking for a vein to get blood and have that needle sit in there while the blood draws for what seemed like an eternity was torture.


He was a good boy and got 2 suckers! One for each hand.





Stats:


Weight: 23lbs 8 oz - 65th percentile


Height: 31.5 inches - 95th percentile (where did his height come from??)


Head: 18.5 inches - 80th percentile (our kids have "smart sized heads")



3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

He is such a cutie! It is to bad about the food allergies. Where did they come from? Anyway it's good to know so now he won't get food that will make him sick.

Tricia said...

Poor baby! Food allergies are so difficult. He is such a handsome tike :)

My Three little girls said...

He is so cute:)