Monday, July 23, 2012

Special Westi

Oh my sweet little Weston. I feel so bad for you. It seems like it's always something. After 2 years of you being really sick, I think we have some answers and a plan.
This is how this last episode went down......
Thursday, july 12, he had a pretty bad cough. It was getting worse throughout the day. I'm used to this with him and figured it was part of his seasonal allergies. I started to time his BPM's. They were getting high so I called Andrew and asked him to come home to help me make a decision on if we would take him in or not. (plus he had vomited 6 times that day) By the time Andrew got home they were at 55-60 BPM. No question, we were going in. I called the doc and they said "get in here now!" When we got to the doctor they were about 65-70 BPM and 85% oxygen.

 Poor little squirt does not like the mask. It is so sad to watch him try to squirm out of it. When I realized we would be awhile, and possibly be heading to Primary's I called my mom to come get Warren. Well, my mom walked in the room and Weston would have NOTHING to do with letting her leave. He wanted "Buyya."So, she ended up staying. At least until we got the word we KNEW we would get. He's doing better, but he needs to go to Primary's.


Primary's has a treatment they can't give in the office. They also have respiratory therapists that can take an extra good look. After a few treatments, and a few hours of monitoring, they kindly sent us home at 1:00am. We had to find a pharmacy to get an inhaler to get us through the night. Up every 3-4 hours for the next few days to do treatments. Fun for all involved.

The morning after our trip to Primary's the doctor wanted to see us. He had spent time talking to the doctor from the E.R. and wanted to sit down with us and chat. Between our doctor, the ER doctor and the respiratory therapist they decided Weston has asthma. I've known all along that's been the case, but it's usually not diagnosed until kids are 2. Well I was rather adamant about getting a diagnosis now. He's a month away from being 2. We've been to Primary's twice this year and the doctor countless to say and we have spent thousands (we are close to the $5k mark out of pocket this year). SO, there it is, finally. And hopefully they're right. So now Westi has a nebulizer an inhaler and a medication he will take every day for awhile. At least a year until he's re-evaluated. We were given strict orders to keep Weston quarantined. He has had a rough few days and needs time to heal. So, we were hunkering down. 

As a special bonus, Weston has a double ear infection.
So he started an antibiotic. More to come on that.

Andrew woke up Sunday morning with Pink Eye. SERIOUSLY!! Give us a break.

So Tuesday I finally felt like Weston was well enough that I could take a little break. Still not ready for friends or public, but I felt like if I went for a few hours with my mom he'd be ok with Andrew. My mom and I went to dinner then to the mall. One of my friends had a private party at Bhome'. We went early so we could shop around the mall for awhile. We were having a grand old time. My mom even said "let's try everything on. we have nothing but time." Ten minutes later I got a panicked call from Andrew.
"Honey, Weston has a horrible rash in his diaper area."
My response: "put some resinol on it. I'll be home in a few hours"
Two minutes later I get a picture text. All that I could think is "Holy Hell, here we go again." It was horrible. It looked like he was a burn victim. from about his chest to mid thigh. I told Andrew to call the doctor and call me back. Of course, it was right when my mom finally found the perfect dress at Banana. I tried not to cry, but I lost it. She hurry and paid for it and we were off. We didn't even get to go to the Bhome' party. We met Andrew at the doctor's office. Sure enough it was an allergic reaction to his antibiotic. Poor kid was so sad. I've been there and I know how painful it is. He got some meds. We hung out so he could be monitored for awhile. He started to walk around like he owned the place (which I'm sure with the amount we spend there we should be part owners).

Isn't he so darn cute?


Poor Warren has gotten the short end of the deal over the past 10 days. We've done a lot of sitting home trying to get Westi better. So, I've been taking him to do fun things when I can. We went to the float preview. We also went to the Draper Days parade.


My mom made an appointment with a doctor that swears he can cure kids with egg allergies, asthma and excima. So I am hoping he can work a miracle on that poor kid.
 
For now, we will follow the program our pediatrician has set in hopes for some improvement.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I'm glad you have survived it all! hang in there!

Alesha said...

Poor Weston. That is seriously so sad for him and hard for all involved.