This week I am working my 6th Utah Open. It is a LONG week/10 days. There are some good thing and some bad things about this week. It is quite the task to get 800 golfers out to play in pro-ams, fed and hydrated in a 3 and a half day span. Then turn around and get 160 players a day out for 3 days in the "actual" tournament.
First, the bad. An average day is 16 hours. I am away from my husband and baby WAY more than I would like(that is the worst part). Usually by the end of the week I have about 12 bruises, 5-6 good size cuts and a few blisters to show for all of the hard work.
The benefit. New cute golf outfits for every day. Great Country Club food every day. Meeting a lot of new people. Seeing a lot of golf professionals and friends. Being on the golf course. Seeing about 10 months of hard work come together. Working with Special Olympians (they are our charity that we donate $25,000 to). This year, one of the perks you can see above!! Plus, Bruce Summerhays Sr. is playing. (if you are a golfer, you will appreciate that.)
It is a crazy thought to think that this is my last Utah Open. It is time for me to be a full time wife and mother. I have put a lot of heart and soul into my job and I am slowly winding down and getting ready to "retire". So, thinking about that, I am just trying to forget how tired I am, how much I miss my boys, how much my body hurts and enjoy the ride because one day I am going to look back and miss this.
2 comments:
i know what you mean about missing it some day....i was actually thinking about how i miss teaching the other day!! but--even through i really loved it--i wouldn't trade staying home with kate!! i can't wait until you're a stay at home mommy (and right down the street for play dates) we already know warren and kate love each other--they are getting so cute together :)
let me know if you need some more help with warren--even if its just so you and andrew can spend an hour or two alone!!!
Annie,
You do such amazing work. I hope all those involve appreciate what you do.
Post a Comment