Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last real summer weekend.

It is kind of sad to think about, but this was our last real summer weekend. Monday the Utah Open starts for me and it is a huge project. I will more than likely work the next 18 days straight, most of them being 12-16 hour days. I am really excited for September!
Since it was the last real weekend, we decided to make the most of it. We started by taking Friday off and going to the Zoo. I love the zoo. I realize my baby couldn't care less about it, but we had a great time and I love spending time with Courtney's kids.

I love putting on dumb hats and getting pictures taken.

William is one of my best buddies.

This is not a very good picture, but look at funny Courtney hiding
behind Hess holding Jane up for the kid picture.


This is how much Warren cared about being at the Zoo.
Maybe next year he will have more fun.


We had a few family reunions to go to. One Friday night for my mom's family and one Saturday morning with Andrew's mom's family. Those are always fun. See people you only see once a year and have some good food. Warren had a blast in the swing at the Poulson reunion. Watch those legs go. I think he will skip walking and just start running.

I have to say the best part of this weekend started as soon as the runion on Saturday morning ended. Although it was fun.... the best was yet to come. A couple of weeks ago, Andrew told me not to plan anything for the 9th or 10th. We were taking our first CHILD FREE weekend!!!! It was AWESOME!!! Andrew made all the arrangements and didn't want to tell me where we were going until I bugged him enough to spill the beans. He had arranged the baby sitter, hotel, dinner reservations the works. He put a lot of thought into it and it was perfect. He chose to take a drive to Bear Lake to spend the day. My family usually goes for Raspberry days, but scheduling just didn't work out this year. I was so bummed so Andrew decided to take me anyway. We only spent a few hours in Bear Lake. We went to the craft fair (or as Andrew calls it the "Crap Fair"). I have some cousins who live up there, so we hung out with them for a little bit. My cousin's son Sam challenged Andrew to a hoop contest. Andrew beat a 12 year old and was SO proud of himself. Sam still thought it was fun because he got sprayed with water when he lost.


After the craft fair, we couldn't leave without a raspberry shake. That is the real reason for the drive up there. It is like having toast at your grandma's house. You can take the same bread she uses, the same butter and even the same dang toaster but it doesn't taste the same unless she makes it at her house. The same goes for Bear Lake raspberry shakes. Boy it was good.
After all of the fun in Bear Lake we headed to Logan to stay the night. Andrew got us a room at the Anniversary Inn. I walked in and he had ordered rose petals to be spread everywhere. Chilled sparkling cider, candles and cheese cake waiting for us! Fun.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was dinner that night. Andrew found this tiny little Italian restraunt and it was fabulous. Words can't describe how awesome this place was. I wish I would have had my camera because you have to see it to really understand it. It probably only sat 30 people total. We sat outside on the patio and it was like eating in the Secret Garden. The sun was setting. They had a guy playing soft guitar music. Big trees for shade. Little patio lights. The food was great. The whole experience was delightful.
The trip was short. We only stayed one night but it was so nice to get away for a little bit and not think about work, house cleaning, schedules, packing diaper bags, hucking car seats around, saying "you hurry and eat, then you can take the baby so I can eat." It was just relaxing. My automatic alarm went off around 6am but I had no problem staying in bed watching TV, movies and then even taking a late morning nap. I was a little nervous that I would miss Warren so much I wouldn't enjoy myself, but I was fine. It was such a treat to get away for a bit. The only problem was it was a little too short. Now, on to real life again.

5 comments:

Grannie Kathy said...

I am so happy to hear you had such a great time. It was fun to see you in Bear Lake. That time does go by much to fast - I agree!!

Lizzy said...

how fun! how cute of your hubby to do that!! good luck with the Utah Open!

Ginnie said...

Hey annie,
I was at your mom's house tonight and I was hoping I would run into you. No such luck. I guess cause you're a super, super busy women ;)
So while I was at your parents house I was thinking,'I've got to take annie's family pictures here'. Talk about B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!

So just let me know if you're still interested. I would love to do them (of course after your life settle's down a bit) Good luck with the Utah Open!

holly said...

what a sweet hubby you have! it sounds like you had a relaxing time--that's the best kind to have!
by the way--i'm back safely & planning on monday :)
i miss my "little" cuddle bear!!

Jess Perry said...

No way Warren is 9 months old! scary how fast time flies by! I can't wait to start playgroups. When can you do it? Call me and we will play!