Thursday, August 28, 2008

Utah Open Wrap Up

This is one of those posts (like most of them actually) that is for myself. A little journal entry to remember the Utah Open. Now that I have had a few days to recover, I can finally look back and appreciate it. Since it is my last one, I wanted to post some pictures so I can remember the fun times we have during such a crazy week.
Having Kyle Korver there was a lot of fun. He is easy on the eyes, but better yet he is a very nice person. He took the time to give anyone who was waiting an autograph and was so friendly.
We also had a lot of awesome golf professionals in the field. Many from out of state and a few from over seas. Some of the highlight players were Boyd Summerhays, Bruce Summerhays Senior, Clay Ogden and my personal favorite, Todd Tanner.
All the time the staff put in on set up really paid off. The course looked great.
This was my view for over a week. Not a bad thing to look at when you are away from home.
One of my favorite parts of the Utah Open is spending time with Special Olympians. They are our volunteer base and in return we gave them $30,000 this year. They are so loving and so willing to do anything. One of their duties this year was to go out on the golf course every night and fix ball marks on the green and pick up trash. They did it with a smile every step of the way. They work so hard and are a big part in making this event run smoothly. Over the years, they have all taught me a lot and have become my little buddies. I love them all.

Although it is a lot of work, I have made a lot of memories running the Utah Open that I will never forget.

2 comments:

E Winzeler said...

I'm so glad all your hard work paid off and everything turned out well! What a fun experience and a wonderful memory to have! Enjoy your time with Warren!

Jess Perry said...

I am so happy it all turned out! And fun to meet those people!