I fell more in love with two people today than I thought possible. As I lay here in bed the house is quiet, the baby is sleeping and I realize how blessed I am to have Warren and Andrew. Heads up, this may be a mushie post.
Today started out as a typical Saturday. Cleaning/laundry day. Andrew was finishing up a project and so it was just me and Warren. I decided it was a great day for him to learn a little bit about "helping" out. It really turned out to be more work for me, but such a joy to watch. He helped me shove clothes in the dryer and put the dryer sheet in. I gave him a rag and while I was dusting he trailed right behind me doing the same thing but really just leaving more paw prints for me to clean up later. My favorite was when I was sweeping the kitchen. I bought him a little broom the other day and he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I was sweeping and like he had done all day, he followed right behind me. The cutest part was when he grabbed one of his gold fish crackers, put it on the ground and swept it into my pile. That was the fun part of my day and where I found myself loving my little Warren more than ever.
Later on in the afternoon, I pulled out one of my favorite treats... the little pre sliced apples with carmel dip. I am SO glad I didn't give any to Warren because about 20 minutes later I felt like it was 800 degrees in our house, every ounce of energy sucked out of me and it felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to my stomach. Later I realized it had to be food poising. Dang apples. I thought I'd better get Warren down for a nap because I really didn't feel well. I couldn't lay down fast enough. What are the chances it would be a time when Warren wouldn't want to take his nap? Pretty good I guess because that is how kids are. I let him cry for about 10 minutes then I went to check up on him....One of his new things is gagging himself and occasionally it ends up in vomit. Sure enough, this was one of those cases. Perfect timing because the last time I remember feeling as sick as I was feeling was after 22 hours of labor and a C-Section.
I called Andrew and told him to get home as quick as possible. Luckily he wasn't far away. He got home to find Warren in the tub and me worshiping the toilet (TMI, sorry). Warren's room was a mess. It was projectile like I had never seen. In comes the mushie part about my falling deeper in love with my man.
Andrew came in and cleaned everything up, made me get in bed and got the baby dressed. Later that night he came in and said "the baby is asleep, I have a bath ready for you and I am going to go to the store and get the things on your grocery list." Really??? I don't know a lot of men that would do that. He is one in a million and I can't believe how blessed I am and how much I love him.
3 comments:
annie you are so lucky to have found andrew. he is such a great guy. sorry you got sick.
Wow. He is a good guy. You are super lucky
I hope you and warren feel better. I agree with you andy is a pretty great guy!
Post a Comment