Wednesday, August 26, 2009
2009 Utah Open
Another Utah Open has come and gone. I can't believe this was my seventh one. I feel like I can make it through this week with my eyes closed now. It is an incredibly stressful week, but the fun outweighs the bad by a long shot. I worked well over 100 hours last week(my shortest day was 14 hours). I was so exhausted by the end of the week. We put over 1000 golfers on the course in 7 days. Feeding and hydrating that many people is quite a task. I can't deny it though, I love the Utah Open.
Utah Open Highlights:
-3 meals made and cleadned up for me every day.
-A new outfit for every day.
-Being on a beautiful golf course all day and night.
-The Oakridge Staff. Jason Moon, the superintendent makes this week so easy on the PGA staff. He never complains when I ask him do do something and he always has a smart a#$% joke to tell. Mark Jensen, General Manager does anything and everything I ask him to do in a matter of minutes. Rick Mears, head golf professional and his staff can turn a pro am faster than I have ever seen. Oakridge is the 3rd facility I have been to for the Open and there is NO comparison to the others. I LOVE it there.
-The love of my life came to visit a few times and brought my buddy with him. Saturday night Warren slept at my mom's house so Andrew could stay with me. It was fun to have him there for a full day.
-It only rained one day!!! Not bad out of 7. Especially with the way the weather has been this year.
-The Special Olympics Athletes are always so happy. They are our charity and come to volunteer all week. They are awesome.
-We did something a little different this year. We brought in a mobile pro shop "The Nike Concept Tent" for the amateurs. We gave them all $100 to spend. The LOVED it!!
The Utah Open is a huge project. We will start planning for 2010 on Monday of next week. It is stressful but I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Glad you survived it and had fun too! You have some fun pictures! Thanks for our overnight get away we enjoyed it!
that is so awesome!!
Look like you guys had great time and love the pictures.
Post a Comment