Monday, August 31, 2009

Hope, Hope on the Range.

5 years ago my family started a golf tournament to raise money for cancer research in honor of my late grandpa and uncle Tom. It started off pretty small, but has grown so much it's overwhelming. Proceeds from the event go to support the Huntsman Cancer Institute. We have since developed a neat relationship with the Huntsman organization and try to attend some of their fundraisers during the year. The "Hope on the Range" dinner and auction is my favorite. It was at the Grand America this year. The best part of the evening this year.... Jerry Sloan walked by Andrew and stopped to shake his hand like they were best friends. I am sure that he has to act like he knows everyone at those hoity toity events just incase it's someone he should know. Whatever it was, it made Andrew's day/night/week maybe even month.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Thats so great.
I cant wait to golf. I might even go practice before I get out there ;)
Let me know if you need any help!

Fisher Family said...

Looks like a fun dinner! Glad Andrews day got made, how fun!