Monday, August 10, 2009

Warren

Warren gets more and more fun every day. He is SO active and keeps us on our toes while at the same time usually keeps us laughing too. I thought I'd write down a few of my favorite things he is doing right now.

-This is for sure my favorite thing he is doing right now. It shows how much he picks up by watching us. Usually when I get out of the shower, Andrew is right there to give me a towel. Warren noticed him doing it and started to do the same thing. As soon as he hears the water turn off, he runs to the towel rack, pulls the towel with all his might until it comes off the rack then runs over to hand it to me. The best is the proud smile he has on his face when he does it.

-When we sneeze he says bless you. It sounds more like "bess eewwe" but still pretty dang cute.

-When he walks into a room he demands attention. He will say as loud as he can "HI EVERYBODY" (more like eebody). It really drives him nuts when people don't react and say hi back.

-He says "peace out" when we leave while flashing somewhat of a peace sign with his chubby little fingers.

-When we lay him down in bed to go to sleep he says thank you. He loves his bed..... lucky us!

-I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he folds his chubby little arms for a prayer. Yesterday we were at the Fisher's for dinner. He was running wild like usual and I went to get him to go to the kitchen I said "buddy, come on. It's time for dinner." That didn't get his attention, but when I said we need to go say a prayer on the food he immediately stopped, folded his arms and ran to the kitchen.

-He has never had any interest in being a baby. He really thinks he is 5 years old. He wants to do everything the big kids are doing. This one really blew me away though... the other morning I went to get him out of bed. He said "potty mommy". He has actually done that before and I have put him on there to go pee pee. So again I put him on the potty, but to my surprise he didn't just go pee pee. My little baby who isn't even 2 really went potty on the toilet. It may just be a fluke, but I was proud anyway.

-He is starting to mimic almost everything we say. I guess we really have to start being careful!

-He loves it when he finds "monies". It's so cute how excited he gets, so I will drop a penny on the floor so he can find it. When he does find a coin, his eyes get so big as he shows me his treasure and says "monies mommy!"

I don't know if I can love him anymore.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

He is such a cutie and is growing up so fast!

the mama monster said...

i wish we saw you guys more often. isn't there just something special about boys? we should get together asap so we can hang out with you and warren, i bet all the boys would have so much fun together. let me know.