Thursday, April 8, 2010

Angel Boy

Although the terrible twos can present quite a few challenges, there are more fun things that will more than compensate. Right now I love the funny things my little buddy says.

*When he is throwing a tantrum, I walk away and tell him to come get me when he's done. He will usually walk in the room I am in, still kind of whining and takes a deep breath, holds up his right hand and says "ok, I'm fine, I'm fine."

*Every morning, whether I go in his room or he comes in ours, the first thing he says is 'mornin mom or 'mornin dad.

*He always says "how 'bout." Like if I say "Buddy, would you like an orange?" He'll say, ummm.... "How 'bout and banana". Or if I open the fridge he'll point to something and say "how 'bout I have this?" and points to whatever he wants. He also likes to choose which way we drive when we are going somewhere. Like if we are going to my mom's house, there is more than one way to get there. If we start heading in one direction he will point the other way and say "how 'bout this way."

*His latest thing that I LOVE is "group hug". If I am holding him he loves to wrap one of his chubby little arm around my neck and one around Andrew's neck and says "group hug." If he is standing on the floor he grabs one person's leg and one other person's leg and says it. I LOVE it. He was at my mom's house yesterday. John walked into the room and he said "go away Johnny." My mom said "don't tell Johnny that, he's my baby." Warren shrugged his shoulders and said "Ok, group hug."

*When he hears the kind of music on TV that is the intense scene music he always asks in such a concerned voice "oh no, what happened?" I think it's funny that the sound triggers something in his mind that there could be trouble.

*The worse my hair looks, the more likely he is to say "pretty hair mommy." The other day he told me I have pretty eyeballs. He loves to give compliments.

*I look at him all the time and say, "Buddy, do you know you are an angel?" Well, one time Andrew mumbled "a destroying angel." So now when I tell Warren he's an angel he replies "No, I'm a destroying angel."

It doesn't sound nearly as cute when I type it as when he says it. I wish I could just capture everything on video because he's so cute and gets cuter every single day.

3 comments:

holly said...

cute boy! i have heard several of these & when i read them its in his little voice :)

kate just told me, "mom, 'member warren's coming over..." so....which night do you want??? friday or saturday :)

The Treasures said...

It sounds just as cute because I can picture him saying those things in his cute little voice. He is so dang cute Annie.

Eric said...

Warren is so cute!