I LOVE summer. It's about dang time that it got here. It seems like we went straight from winter to summer this year. At least it came though. Now time for real fun. Boating. Picnics. Pool. Golf. Hiking. Although I may not be as active this summer as most, I still love it. We had a great kick off on the warmest day of the year. We went boating with the Smith's. It was fabulous. It was about 85 degrees. No wind. The lake was like glass. There were 4 adults and 2 kids. Just perfect.
I wasn't even going to go. I was going to send my boys for the day while I stayed home and did some cleaning and organizing. I said to Warren on Thursday night "what are you and daddy going to do tomorrow buddy?" He looked up with the sweetest face and said "we're going boating mom. Want to join us?" I looked at Andrew to make sure I thought I heard what I thought I did...... Andrew swears up and down he didn't tell him to say it. How could I say no to that request. Dust if you must I guess. I am super glad I went. It was a blast.
Have you ever seen a cuter baby? 
I know what you are all thinking..... Annie, the most paranoid parent on this planet let her baby go surfing behind the boat??? It took some convincing, but I am glad I let them go. Warren thought it was the greatest thing ever. And how about my hubby??? He's got skills. The surf was set up so he was going goofy foot and still able to balance with a 35 lb. 2 year old in one arm. Impressive.
It was tough to get my little fish out of the lake. The water wasn't all that warm. It was only about 70 degrees. Warren kept getting on the platform and I'd say "come on in and get dry and warm buddy." He'd say "no mom, I'm fine... I'm fine." All while he had blue lips and shivering like mad.
The only way we got him back in the boat was to let him drive a bit.

Nixon was way happier out of the water and on grandpa Steve's lap.
What a fun day!!!
4 comments:
Super jealous. That looks like so much fun.
Looks like you guys had fun and good time as well.
Darling blog Annie! We love Warren. He is such a doll..
How fun! So cute too!
Post a Comment