Monday, June 28, 2010

My little buddy is the funniest kid alive. I usually laugh at him all day long. Yesterday he had me laughing so hard I was crying like a baby. I couldn’t catch my breath.

We were on our way home from my parent’s house. It had been a long, exhausting day for a little kid. There are so many things to do there and Warren just doesn’t stop moving. He plays on the swings, climbs up and down the slide, sprays water in the drinking fountain, rides bikes, climbs rocks, plays golf. It is just no stop fun. So much fun he usually won’t eat. He also won’t leave without putting up a good fight. Yesterday was no exception. By the time we left it was almost 9:00 pm. He hadn’t had much to eat, so I figured we would give him something quick when we got home before bed.

On the way home he cried for about 15 minutes…. at the top of his lungs. He did not want to go home. This is where it gets funny. As we passed McDonalds, here is how the conversation went (as Warren is still crying and screaming like crazy.)
Warren: “I need nugget fries.”
Me: “Ok buddy, I will make you nuggets when we get home”
Warren: “No, I need them from McDonalds.”
Me: “Well buddy, we don’t buy sad boys nugget fries.”
Then it was like a light switch had been flipped and he stopped crying and with a massive, open mouth smile….
Warren: “Oh, ok. I’m a happy boy now.”
Andrew looked at me with a little laugh and said we might as well turn around and get them for him so he can eat them on the way home. Then he mumbled to me as he flipped around “We are such freakin’ suckers.”
Warren, with his fists pumping in the air…. “Yeah, you freakin’ suckers.” He clapped and cheered until he got his nuggets and said “Oh guys, you’re the best.”

I haven’t laughed that hard for a long time. I guess we REALLY need to be careful about what we say around him. I don’t want him going around town telling people his parents are freakin’ suckers.


FUNNY STORY #2
Warren LOVES to ride his little scooter. He hasn’t had any really bad crashes. Friday we were at the park for a family reunion. We had been there for a long time because Kemp parties are rarely under 5 hours. He had just about enough of the play ground and football at this point, so we busted out the scooter. About 2 minutes into it he wanted to see if he could balance with both feet on the platform. That didn’t go well. He fell backwards with the back wheel going right in the middle of his little butt cheeks, probably hitting his tail bone pretty hard. He cried like crazy and limped a bit for the rest of the night. I have bruised my tailbone before and it hurts bad, so I know how he felt.

The next morning, he waddled into our room when he woke up and he was whining that his bum still hurt. He wanted me to kiss it better. So being the “freakin’ sucker” of a parent I am, I leaned over to kiss his butt. He looked at me and said, “mommy, it still hurts.” I said “Buddy, I wish there was more I could do, but I can’t fix this one.” Then Warren said “Oh, Papa can fix it with his screw driver.”

Oh Buddy. If Papa could really fix everything with his screwdriver we would be set.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Warren crack my up with stories. He really says funnest things.

Fisher Family said...

He is the cutest little boy and says the funniest things!