Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

Christmas with a 3 year old is the most magical thing in the world. We had SO MUCH fun this year. We were hardly ever home. When we were home, we were doing Christmas crafts, building gingerbread houses or watching Christmas movies. I'm kind of dreading the January blues, because it's bound to happen after the awesome December we had.

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were so fabulous. We started with the traditional trip to Tooele to see my grandpa. Warren calls him Pappa Hester. I put a blanket on Warren last week that my grandpa had given him when he was born. He said "mom, where did this blanket come from?" I told him Papa Hester and he quickly said "oh, we better go to his home so I can say thank you." Sure enough, when we got there that's exactly what he did.

I thought my boys looked so cute on Christmas Eve.

We were at my mom and dad's for Christmas Eve. As always my mom went above and beyond the call of duty. The living room was stacked to the top with gifts.... but the best part was that the gifts for the adults weren't even in there. She had hidden them in her bedroom and did a "Papa and Budda's Favorite Things." It was awesome. She stood in one place and read a little about what was to come, then she had the "elves" or as we know them Whitney and Harrison bring them out when she screamed like Oprah "Elves, bring out the ...." Digital frames, gift cards, kitchen supplies...... She really spoiled us.



She spoiled the grandkids as always too.


This is what Weston thought about Christmas.
This is the standard pose in the Winchester family. Camera's flashing like mad while Andrew and Merz try to get the kids to smile for what is now a seemingly impossible to get...... a perfect grandkid picture. I am starting to think the more crying kids in the picture the better.

I thought this was funny. It gets hot in my parent's house when we all get there and moving around. Andrew found his place by the front door to cool off. This is porbably only funny to me, but it's my blog and I can post what I want.


Christmas morning at our house was so much fun. Warren had begged for a big Jeep. Thank goodness for Black Friday or he wouldn't have gotten one. Let's just say I made friends with some lesbian's and their brother who helped me get it. I stood in Wal Mart with my arms around the box for an hour and a half until the black plastic came down. I elbowed a grandma, pushed a large grown man and ended up laying on the box in the middle of Walmart. Not the proudest moment of my life, but the deal was that good. I left with a few bruises, but it was worth it!!



Weston was way more excited about his gifts than I thought he would be. It was so cute to see him flapping his arms with so much excitement. He is such a happy baby.


I was pretty proud of myself on Christmas morning for getting all of the kids gifts open, plus all of us showered and out the door to make it to the Fisher's on time (well 10 minutes late). Being out the door by 9:35am on Christmas morning is pretty impressive if you ask me. We had to wake Warren up, but he didn't mind once we told him Santa had been to our house. It was a fun day. Linda and Kimel spoil all of us so much. Andrew and I got an awesome 3 pot crock pot that I am so excited about. There were so many fun gifts, yummy food and a fun time with the family.



Since we had to wake Warren up, by the time the day was coming to an end he was not willing to pose for a picture. He was so tired and grumpy. We tried though. What a great Christmas. I'm sad it's over. Warren literally cried when I took the Christmas tree down. You would have thought his favorite dog died. It was funny. We had so much fun spending time with family. We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

I love Christmas! Your boys looked so cute! It was fun to see Warren so excited about everything.