Monday, December 20, 2010

Staycation

We have a new Fisher Family tradition. It's actually an idea I stole from my brother. It was super fun. Shockingly more fun than I expected. We crammed a lot of activities into a 24 hour period. We got a hotel room down at the Marriott in Salt Lake. We ate out a ton, saw lights, hung out. It was so much fun to be with my little family and doing whatever we wanted to do.

Don't ask me why, but I though this was so dang cute. We had the hotel bring a crib up for Weston and this was in it....



I thought this little minkie crib/pack n play was cute, especially for a hotel.


Our room overlooked the Gallivan Center, so we started off with a little ice skating. Weston and I watched from the sidelines because my dumb ankle is still sprained.

I was shocked (don't ask me why) that Warren put those skates on and walked like he was wearing tennis shoes. He barely even wobbled. That boy has skills.



Speaking of skills, my husband has some. I can't even imagine skating with a 3 year old in tow. Andrew flew by everyone on the ice while carrying Warren. Pretty impressive.




Then we were off to Zoo Lights. I LOVE it up there. The lights are awesome and the animals are so active at night. It is my favorite place to go to see the lights. The best part was when we walked through the front gates and Warren yelled "look guys, it's just like the news!" when he saw the Channel 2 sign. I guess we watch the news too much in our house.






Yes, that's my 3 year old with a binki. Judge all you want, but when Warren's happy, we are all happy so I don't really care what people think about it. Maybe we will make the Easter Bunny take them this year. I'm not making any promises.




Even though we were only 17 miles from home, we counted it as a vacation. So when we stopped for dinner at Hires, we let Warren have ice cream before dinner.


I think Warren's favorite thing we did was swimming. He's a little fish. Winter time kills him because we are used to going to the pool almost every day in the summer. I hope I don't end up in jail for posting this picture, but I couldn't resist.



I could call the Christmas Season at this point good. It was such a fun weekend. But, we are still in for a full week of crazy, but fun activities.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

how FUN! I might need to steal that idea and put it into place for my own little family. i love it! and, who cares that warren still has his bink! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Mitchell Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And that's a fun tradition!