Warren had been at Wal-Mart a few months a go and saw a bike he really wanted. We made him earn it. We got a glass jar and put it in the kitchen with a big black line marked around it. Once he earned enough money to touch the black line in the jar, he could go get his bike. We went to Wal-Mart the Staurday before the bike parade. He marched in there with his jar full of coins. Turned them in for paper money then we went to the bike section to pick it up..... then my worst nightmare came true. All of these promises. Of of the hard work and it was gone. Luckily, after a few phone calls and a long drive, we found the bike "he had dreamed of for a hundred years." He's a little champion on that thing. We may take the training wheel off in the not to distant future. Whatever you do, if you see him riding his bike, don't call it a bike. It's a motorcycle.
I thought this was so funny. I waited one point to take some pictures. I kept waiting to see the police cruiser creep by..... nope, there's my crazy buddy Warren. Way ahead of the pack. "Who wants to wait for a slow police car.... I'm out of here." Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment