Monday, June 20, 2011

I Survived Ragnar

Who would have ever thought I would run in the Ragnar Race? Certainly not me! I had ten million reasons why I shouldn't do it. Lack of time, shin splint, bad knee, the commitment to quit drinking Diet Coke, I could go on forever on why NOT to do it. But there was one reason in the end that I did it, to prove to myself that I could and I am so happy I did.



It was a super hodge podge team. I only knew one person, my friend Keri. The rest of the team was piece milled on Face Book. Random, but it was fun to meet new peeps.



In 30 hours of togetherness and running, I have a lot of memories. There just isn't a lot of time to write them down so I will store those in my brain for now, but share the picture diary of the accomplishment.


Here I am coming in after my first 4 miles...... 16 minutes AHEAD of schedule by the way. I almost beat my team to the exchange. Pretty darn impressive for my first race ever!


My pal Keri. Wouldn't/couldn't have done it without her.





When we got sleep, it was a few minutes here
and there and sitting up in the suburban.






Here we are after finishing leg one!




A TRUE Wasatch Back.
It was way worse than it looks in the picture.
I obviously forgot the sunblock.







A little "rest" at East Lake.







My night run was my most impressive.
I DID beat my team to the exchange.

3.8 miles up hill (794 foot elevation change)
48 minutes and 32 seconds.
That may not be much to some, but awesome for me.
Especially because it was basically all up hill.




Kristin Giggi (from Florida), Me, Keri Treasure.




Al.... most..... there.......

Booya. I finished all of my Ragnar legs.
It was touch and go for a bit, but I did it.




Andrew and my best buddy Warren came to cheer us on at the finish line.














Words can't express that feeling of crossing the finish line.
It was 30 hours of Run, eat, sleep?? repeat.
I know it sounds miserable, but it was so much fun.
I've already signed up for next year.

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Congratulations Annie! You are amazing!

Kaysie said...

Good Job Annie - I am so proud of you! That is so stinkin Awesome!!

The Treasures said...

You did awesome. I'm so glad you did it. SO much fun. Can't wait for next year! I loved that picture of you sleeping. ha ha