Friday, December 16, 2011

Favorite Tradition

Without a doubt, my favorite Christmas Tradition is with my little family. We get a hotel room downtown, go ice skating, out to dinner, to see lights and swimming (Warren's favorite part).





Warren's butt spent a lot of time on the skating rink.
Good thing I'm smart and packed dry pants.

He was a trooper though and kept trying.






Westi was mad that he couldn't go skating. So I took him to the room so he could have his meltdown in private. Less embarrassing for me ya know. We had a great view of the rink and watched Warren and Andrew have fun.








Then we went to The Pantry at Temple Square for dinner. Andrew and I LOVE that place. Yummy, yummy food. Surprisingly, the kids actually did pretty well at dinner. Seeing the lights was another story though. It was so beeping cold. We didn't even make it to the actual Temple grounds. Just the reflecting pond before we gave up. They were both crying. 20 degrees with wind sucks for light seeing. We got a few pictures then headed back. I had to post the one of Warren hanging out at Temple Square with his root beer bottle. He wouldn't let us throw it away.






We had the pool all to ourselves. One of the benefits of going on a week night. It was a little cold. Warren was the only one that actually got in the pool. And the hot tub was too hot for Westi, so it was Andrew's turn to take him to the room for meltdown number 2. Warren and I sat in the hot tub and played. No one there to bug us. It was awesome.








Trying to get an over excited 4 year old to sleep in a hotel is difficult. He tried to sleep in the crib. Then the bed. Then his sleeping bag. Finally, he fell asleep on the nasty hotel carpet. Gross. We moved him about 3 seconds after he fell asleep.















I love that the Marriott gives you one of these if you have a baby with you.










What a fun tradition.
I love creating memories with our little family.
It was a super fun night.

1 comment:

Aly said...

I love this idea, and I want to adopt it as my own! So fun.