Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas - 2011

I can't even begin to tell you how sick to my stomach I am. I went to download all of my pictures from Christmas to find a bunch of black images. Seriously, just black boxes. I am so sad. The only thing I have from Christmas is a couple of videos I took from my little purse camera. My big Canon let me down. How is that? The big, fancy expensive camera didn't work? I hope my dad has a few becaue he was snapping away at our family party.


It was such a magical year. Warren was so excited. He couldn't believe Santa came to our house! I am grateful I at least have a few videos. What could be more fabulous than a 4 year old on Christmas morning. It was so much fun to see the look on his face when he realized Santa left him so many presents. Words can't describe how fun it was. All of the shopping, all of the wrapping..... but it was worth it.


We were busy during those special 48 hours of Christmas. We had lunch with the Fishers on Christmas Eve. They went to a movie that night and Weston isn't allowed in public yet because he's a nightmare so we passed on that. We ended up going with my parents to the cemetery to light luminairs for my grandparents. That was so neat to be there with all of my cousins and aunts and uncles, just to spend 15 minutes honoring my grandparents.


That night the kids opened their special Christmas PJs WHICH I DON'T HAVE PICTURES OF!!!! I seriously might cry.


I can't believe I don't have any pictures of Christmas morning either. Maybe I'm being punished for not going to church on Christmas. We are sinners and now we are getting the punishment. The kids were so excited though. Weston was so overwhlmed that he went down for a nap at 10:00am. He didn't even finish opening all of his presents until the day after.


Christmas afternon we went to my sister's house. Usually we are at my mom's house but it is STILL being remodled. Holy Hell, I'll be honest I don't even live there but I'm sick of that dang project. It's taking FOREVER. My mom spoiled all of us as usual. My favorite gift was our new memory foam/gel mattress. It's like sleeping on a magic carpet. Fabulous. The kids got so many presents I lost track. The highlights were Warren's new camera my mom gave him, and Weston got a baby boom box. He loves to dance so he just carries it around and dances. So cute.



Although it was late, like 8:00pm (late for day 2 with no naps ya know) we made it to the Fishers for a gift exchange. It was fun to be with those who were still there, and still awake :) Everyone was tired at that point so we didn't stay long. They gave us some cash!! Yay!! and the kids got some new clothes and toys. So nice.


What a great Christmas. We did so many things over the holidays and I can't believe it's over. I'll be honest, we didn't do as much as I had hoped because Andrew has been so busy. Kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time. But when you own your own business you take it when you can, even if it's on Christmas week.


The Monday after Christmas was one of my favorites. We let the kids continue to destroy the house and play with their gifts. We stayed in our jammies all day. I got a little restless around noon though, but didn't have the heart to make the kids clean up their toys. So to help with my anxiety, I went downstairs for a couple of hours and organized our basement. Andrew didn't think I could stay in my jammies and look at a messy house all day. He was kind of right. I did stay in my jammies, but couldn't look at the messy house, so I excaped to the basement and organized. It made me feel much better.

Here are the pictures we did get.......



All 3 boys got NERF guns.




I hope the disk recovery place can save my pictures. Pray for us.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

OH my gosh how sad about your pics! that is seriously the worst feeling! I hope end up getting them! Your boys are seriously so so cute!