Thursday, September 12, 2013

Last week an officer was shot in the line of duty in Draper. I was shocked to find out it was a kid I went to high school with. I felt it was really important to support his family. And I really wanted my boys to be part of it. So we joined thousands of people on 12400 South last week to watch the procession drive through. We were able to see the fire department raise a huge flag on the fire truck ladders. it was AMAZING. Then we went over to watch the funeral from a field about 100 yards away. What an experience. They had the works with bagpipes, a lone trumpet, a fly over. It seemed like a million police officers on motorcycles and marked cars were there. I hope my boys always remember it.
 


Weston had his first day of preschool last week. I can't believe it. He doesn't seem old enough. He loves Teacher Grandma and Teacher Heather. 


 On his second day, we had a hard time waking him up and getting him ready. He has to be there by 9:00am. He told me he hates school. When I picked him up he said "actually mom, I love school. It's awesome." He went on to tell me every little detail about his day. I loved hearing all about it.

Here's a good one..... Last week Andrew said his knee was hurting. I am the type that says "ok, take a Tylenol and get over it." That's just how I was raised. Not to feel sorry for yourself. Well a few days later it was getting worse. Then Friday it was swelling. By Sunday his whole leg was swollen. So it was time to go to Instacare. He has Cellulitis. It's an infection that can get in your body from a tiny scratch or ingrown hair. It can lead to amputation or even be deadly. I was reading about it and couldn't believe how dangerous it can be. We are on day four after the doctor and he's still swollen and sore. He is supposed to stay off of it and keep it wrapped for a few more days. CRAZY!!!!

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Weston told me that preschool is awesome! Glad he likes it:) Glad Andrew is doing better!

My Three little girls said...

Weston looks so cute:) Glad Andy's leg is getting better.