Monday, September 2, 2013

Utah Open - 2013




Another Utah Open in the books.  That event is so much fun, but it takes a lot of work. And it sucks all of my energy. In 8 days I managed to work 128 hours. Yes, that's possible. It takes a lot of time and people to feed, hydrate and entertain over a thousand golfers in a week.

One thing I loved this year was the new signage we had done. My brother owns a print business and I was able to find some money to buy them this year.






We always kick the week off with a bagpiper and the National Anthem. It's awesome.






So serious.

We brought in Creamies this year. Super cool.





The interns. They make my life a lot easier (usually)

Our awesome volunteers.

Lots and lots of radios.

Mike Malaska taught an awesome clinic this year for the Oakridge members.

Command post.

Unlimited food. I gained 10 pounds last week.

My office for the week.

One of the interns had her 22nd bday at the open.


When you can't find the stinkin' interns, you gotta do it yourself.


Short game challenge. Me, a celebrity? Now that's funny right there.



Dufnering. If you watch golf, this will be funny to you.

My boys like to visit me. But they LOVE to see the Jazz ladies.


My family is always so supportive.



We bring in a traveling merchandise tent and give each player $100 to spend in the tent. So we give away over $100,000 in merchandise. Then on top of that we sell over $50,000 in stuff. That's why we got the tent over the PGA Tour's Barclay's event. Cause we are just that awesome.




Although I managed to work 122 hours in 8 days, I can't complain. This is my view for the week. People feed me all day long. And clean up for me all week long. I know it's harder on my family and all of those that help with the kids.

I am SO grateful for FaceTime. I am a cyber parent in August, so it's nice to see their little faces. Even if it's on a phone.


Warren putting on a show for the Jazz dancers. They love him, he loves them.

It's a long, awesome week. But I am glad it's over. And today I scheduled a meeting to start talking about the 2014 Utah Open.

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

So glad it was successful and that it is over:)