Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween.

Another fun Halloween comes to a close. This one much more fun than last year. Last year I was in the hospital more sick and more sore than I can ever remember being in my entire life. It was worth it though to have my little buddy.
We went to a few fun Halloween parties. I dressed up this year for the first time since college. My cousin Chelsea had a super fun party and we were supposed to dress up. I was a good sport and put a costume on. It wasn't all that bad. I found a comfortable one. Dressing up is not my favorite part of this holiday. I do like seeing the kids in their costumes though. There were some good ones this year. I am sad not all of my pictures turned out, but a few of them did.
My favorite party of Halloween would be the smells, the food, the pumpkins, fall leaves and hanging out with friends and family. What perfect weather too. Do you remember the days when you had to wear coats over your costume? Kids these days don't know how well they have it.... how nice global warming can be sometimes.
My mom always has a big open house Halloween party. She makes a huge pot of chili for anyone who wants to come. We show up at her house early to make cookies, carve pumpkins and get ready for the party. It was another great year and the party was well attended.



Would you like some salt and pepper with your lobster?



Sean and Chelsea had great costumes.



Little Mermaid and Sebastian.



I love carving pumpkins. Especially since my dad cleans them out for us.



Brady was so excited to make steaming rootbeer.

Hess is such a stud. Next to my lobster, this was my favorite.
I hope it fits Warren next year.





Whit and Beck won the carving contest.

10 comments:

Aimee Sommer said...

your little guys is so cute!!! dont ya just love having your own kid!! its so great!!!

holly said...

yummy...i love lobster!!!!

(our paint looks great--what a good hubby you have!!)

Fisher Family said...

I am so disappointed that you and Andrew did not have your costumes on when you came to our house. They are so clever and cute. It was beautiful weather wasn't it! Fun times!

Lizzy said...

how fun! your costumes are great!!! so clever! and, happy birthday to little warren...what a little stud. too cute!

Chelsea said...

Thanks for coming and dressing up. I know you dont like to dress up so I was super surprised and excited.
And Happy birthday to Warren. We were thinking of him on his bday.
Looks like your fam had a fun Halloween day.

Polly said...

we had so much fun seeing you on halloween! it's always a party at the winchester house!

Becca said...

you guys win!!!Love the get ups!!

Lilli said...

Too cute! Grace was that exact little lobster for her first Halloween three years ago! I still just love it!

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Warren is so cute, wow 1 year already. It is amazing how fast time flies by. Good costumes, I am surprised you don't like dressing up.

Tricia said...

I am actually really impressed with the salt n' peppa costume. It's hard to find costumes that aren't the "sexy" version (sexy pirate, sexy pepper...you get the picture). Very creative! Happy birthday to Warren. I need some of those cakes. I tried to grab at the screen a few times before I realized they are just pictures.